Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Colin McRae Dirt 2: DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 11
In a direct comparison the differences on the audience only become noticeable if you get close and pay attention - some more polygons in the right place make the figures look a little better. The flying flags are "nice to have" while the improved water visualization is really good: The car really ploughs through the water and builds up a little bow wave - additional particles on splashes make the whole scene more realistic. But the biggest difference between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 is the illumination. Due to HDAO and nice Post Effects the visual appearance of Dirt 2 with DirectX 11 is less "overbright" and smoother. The more realistic look of the DirectX 11 version might convince some players, since there have already been mods for Race Driver Grid that were reducing exactly those warm colors and thus created a more real appearance.

We are currently working on benchmarks to demonstrate the difference in performance between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11.
DX11

DX9

SOURCE

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
The second looks marginally better. Just got better Anti-Aliasing from my eye. Just looks a little sharper DX11 than DX9.

I still don't think this can rival crysis imho. On that note, I still don't feel the need to get a direct X11 card right now.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
Ill i see are small images that say "no deeplinking please"
uploading to image shack now

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,923 Posts
Quote:

Click on the Source link to see the pics.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,923 Posts
Quote:

Actually, let me rephrase my original reply: once you go to the Source and view the pics, the pics will then show up in this thread.

·
Snow!
1,246 Posts
I think the DX11 ones looks better, hopefully everyone is clicking the images to expand them a little. They are loosing a fair bit of IQ from being shrunk in the OP.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock View Post
Repost

Did a quick search in Vid game news for Dirt 2

Yep your right. Same article but different page and topic

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Silver View Post
I think the DX11 ones looks better, hopefully everyone is clicking the images to expand them a little. They are loosing a fair bit of IQ from being shrunk in the OP.
They are exactly the same size for me.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
They really don't look all that different, but I imagine the actual game will look much better. I remember looking at Crysis screens all day before it was released and thinking "meh", but it was a totally different experience when you're able to move freely in that world. Dynamic scenes will hopefully show a much larger difference between DX9 and DX11.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Has to be said...this game does not do DX11 any justice.
If you got 20% more fps on the DX11 mode then the DX9 mode, would you be impressed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post
****, that vid...

games are getting close to realistic looking now
Not really, the people in the stands look like xbox people.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post
****, that vid...

games are getting close to realistic looking now
Meh not really. Whole lot of bloom and and overdose of HDR. Rea life isn't that...vibrant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
If you got 20% more fps on the DX11 mode then the DX9 mode, would you be impressed?
Except that DX11 kills performance compared to DX9, at least in this particular game with the drivers we have now.

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
How is this game anyways... Wouldn't mind playing in DX10

1 - 20 of 78 Posts