1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
With 120/144 Hz displays quantum break runs and feels smoother
Quote:
First of all: we choose in-game 1080p, and none native 1080p. Instead, the image is projected from a low resolution - apparently the same kind of upscaling like on the Xbox one is also on the PC used.
Click the link to see how poor this game looks and performs.
wink.gif

MS store needs to go away so we can get back to making good PC games.

SOURCE

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Not really anything to do with the Windows store, nor UWP.

It was obviously a very late call on whether or not they'd bring it to PC, so what we're left with is more or less a straight up port. The type of temporal re-projection Remedy have used looks to be baked into the core game.

After watching some interviews with Remedy, they have talked a lot about using something that sounds similar to photogrammetry to replicate the live-action sets as closely as possible, that might also be the reason they needed to "bake" the type of tech they've used so deeply into the game.

It is pretty interesting the way technology is sort of blurring the line between film and games. Still waiting on some benches..
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
God do I miss the day of the PS1 and N64 where a game was based and rated on the game play first and for most. Now a days if it doesn't look gorgeous its a flop. We all know the Xbone is inferior to the PS4. I own a Xbox and love it. Still though how well did it use the available resources it had and to me it did a very good job. As far as this PC port goes I believe this to become the norm unless MS develops for the PC first and scales back to xbone hardware.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub07 View Post

God do I miss the day of the PS1 and N64 where a game was based and rated on the game play first and for most. Now a days if it doesn't look gorgeous its a flop. We all know the Xbone is inferior to the PS4. I own a Xbox and love it. Still though how well did it use the available resources it had and to me it did a very good job. As far as this PC port goes I believe this to become the norm unless MS develops for the PC first and scales back to xbone hardware.
I don't think that's necessarily true; look at telltale games success, and other indie titles like super meat boy or lone survivor. I love good graphics but story is my #1 requirement for a good game.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
A good story is ok but if the core mechanics of the game suck you will not continue to play through the game.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hopefully Remedy will get it sorted eventually, and UWP limitations are fixed. My guess is this is the result of MS deciding to make PC ports of all their Xbox One games, and not giving devs enough time to get things working well enough. UWP might make the porting process faster, but they still have to adjust it to PC. These are also DX12 titles, and for the moment they seem to perform worse on average. MS really should've thought about this release schedule a lot better and let devs polish the ports, and release them preferrably after MS had basic things like vsync off implemented. What a terrible mess they've made for themselves. It's kinda sad to see devs get a lot of the blame when they're probably working as best as they can to deal with it.

I'm still hoping QB will end up working alright in a few months. That said, I would never buy it at 70 euros. I don't think I've paid over 40€ for a PC game in years.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
So, V-sync is enabled for both AMD and NV and frames keep going from 30 to 60 fps. That's bad. Thought they fixed the issue?

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub07 View Post

uh, what games and era are you even talking about? graphics have always been important, especially on ridiculously popular / iconic games, especially in the past. Every generation, we always have SOMETHING like that. Perhaps it's even gone down, due to other factors.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Maytbe I said that wrong it has become a resolution war when PC has had scalable setting for ever. We are splitting hairs on lines of details then rather the graphics its self.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts