Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Live from the PCGH test lab: For Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X is the first mod BIOS is available that removes the power limitations of the GM200 graphics card. PC Games Hardware has released version flashed on an appropriate model and the whole thing Arctic Accelero Xtreme provided with an IV. The result: stable 1,550 / 4,001 MHz (GPU / Memory)

In 3DCenter forum member has a Woklbokl by Maxwell BIOS tweaker custom BIOS provided that the Power Target and the maximum possible voltage increases - and thus the GTX Titan X freed from their chains. We have the mod BIOS prompt today morning on a suitable graphics card on Joe Dirts NVFLASH tool set plays, which worked perfectly without any fumbling. If you are doing this after buying a GeForce GTX Titan X also, of course, is at your own risk!

In conjunction with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV as an alternative cooling solution, we were able to Crysis 3 and even Anno 2070 reached a whopping 1,550 MHz for the GM200-GPU and 4,099 MHz for the graphics memory stable - at 4,096 × 2,160 pixels, ie "real 4K", not only in 3D Mark.

More Pictures

Source: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Geforce-GTX-Titan-X-Grafikkarte-260203/News/Arctic-Xtreme-IV-Mod-BIOS-1154063/

Translated Source

thumb.gif

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

1550 on air.... Hmm, just maybe I will get it if water proves to break 2k.
if water breaks 2k and its stable 24/7... my god lol <3

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

Quote:

I'm already forcing myself not to upgrade till 2016. If I start seeing 2k core, then I won't be able to resist!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

you dream...

if you can up the volts..

maybe 1600-1700 game stable..on water

but 2k.. maybe on a death run under LN2

·
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakik09 View Post

Now there's a selling point. Yes, it is able to Crysis
tongue.gif
What about Unity at 60 fps?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
So the real question now is, is the Arctic Accelero Xtreme compatible out of the box with a Titan X or did they have to modify the cooler to work with the TiX?

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbby258 View Post

Quote:

Water fixes temps, not stupidity.
No need for insults. Either way, I don't believe I was addressing you so your comment was not needed, though I will take your advice into consideration when you require assistance.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Quote:

No need for insults. Either way, I don't believe I was addressing you so your comment was not needed, though I will take your advice into consideration when you require assistance.
thumb.gif
Only going on what i read.

The Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV is very high end in terms of cooling as you can see in the pics with a titan x at 1550 it was running at 43c. Decent watercooling will see the temps in the 30-35c range unless the room temp was very low. That 10c drop in temperature comparing to this particular case will probably achieve something like 10mhz more. The card needs a better vrm to go more and 1.65v resulting in also needing ln2 at that stage.

I assumed you wasn't stupid, no one is. Just what you wrote was.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Quote:

thumb.gif
Lol, you weren't adressing anyone to begin with.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre- View Post

Quote:

Water fixes temps, not stupidity.
REKT
So very productive, constructive, and useful to a great community! Very well done sir!
thumb.gif

Quote:

Quote:

thumb.gif
Only going on what i read.

The Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV is very high end in terms of cooling as you can see in the pics with a titan x at 1550 it was running at 43c. Decent watercooling will see the temps in the 30-35c range unless the room temp was very low. That 10c drop in temperature comparing to this particular case will probably achieve something like 10mhz more. The card needs a better vrm to go more and 1.65v resulting in also needing ln2 at that stage.

I assumed you wasn't stupid, no one is. Just what you wrote was.
I do not doubt how well constructed the Accelero series are, and not will I ever. As far as temperature goes, 10°C is pretty big and well worth a ~$100 waterblock. Assuming this was an average sample that wasn't binned, we can assume that better samples can lead to higher overclocks. A high amount of volts won't kill the card as fast as higher temps will, unless you purposely try to fry your card of course. My simple setup has no problem keeping my 780's temps in check at 1.5v. I simply wrote that I would buy one if I started seeing benches at 2k core, nothing stupid about that.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incog View Post

1.5 V?! Isn't that a lot?
Not for a single benching session, I kept my temps at 50°C and lower. For an everyday OC, I don't pump more than 1.3v into it. Sure, I may degrade it eventually, but I doubt I'll have this amazing card for it to actually affect me.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ah of course, if it's just for a benching session. Otherwise, sweet rig. I like that you're clocking a card such as that one, well worth it.

E: What kind of temperatures do you get with that single, huge radiator? Normal, day to day usage?

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incog View Post

Ah of course, if it's just for a benching session. Otherwise, sweet rig. I like that you're clocking a card such as that one, well worth it.
I managed to hit ~1400 core on the ACX cooler and I knew this guy would be awesome under water and there just so happened to be a Hydro Copper block on the OCN marketplace. I'm curious as to what your current rig is, but we'll have to discuss that somewhere else.
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 53 Posts