Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
under my nose
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Source

This benchmark is quite interesting although the purpose is not the same as what mentioned in the title. Just wanted to share it.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post

So how much longer is the 2500K going to be a decent gaming chip?
I have one OCd to 4.5GHz. It helps alot with Sleeping Dogs.

·
Premium Member
16,521 Posts
Have a Q9550 running at 3.7GHz. I have yet to see significant CPU bottlenecking in anything, even with a few programs in the background.

Not to say no one needs anything better, or even that I won't upgrade (I will, now I have some money coming in). Just sayin'. 2007 CPU still keeps up.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I'm impressed by the low power consumption of that Q9550 in this review. I know it's running at a lower clock speed but it still consumes less than Ivy and Haswell?
confused.gif

·
Banned
2,223 Posts
Well, at least ONE AMD chip made it into the top 10.

INB4 this gets posted in every AMD thread as proof that AMD somehow competes with Intel while costing 2/3 the price.

What REALLY surprises me is the 3770k scoring nearly dead nuts even with the 3930
tongue.gif
I really didn't expect my chip to be in the top 5 here.

·
Old and Crochity
5,269 Posts
inb4 claims of intel bias.

Seriously, 2500 is still a champ! this 2600k may actually make it to skylake!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Squidge View Post

2600k is no joke. I got respect for some of the numbers I see pulled.
Mhm. Hell, mines still going strong and I just bumped up from 4.2 to 4.5. If I can keep this up till the next gen chips/mobos, I'll be happy.

The numbers I've seen 2600k's pull are just nuts.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've got my 2500k at 4.5ghz, never have had even the slightest inclination of needing to upgrade, and i probably won't until 2 more gens as long as my games keep going strong. I can definitly say the 2500k got me my moneys worth, even more so since when I upgrade it will be tossed in my wifes rig and will power her machine for years to come.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boot318 View Post

720P?! I'm not even going to speculate about what's going on.
It's a cpu comparison. The low resolution prevents gpu bound situations from tainting the results.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boot318 View Post

720P?! I'm not even going to speculate about what's going on.
Lower resolutions are less GPU dependent and more CPU dependent. in this case the main test subject are CPU's, thus 720p is perfectly fine in these tests.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I am not sure what the point of this article is. If they wanted to do something gaming/multitasking relevant (what gaming performance you get while running related/working programs that is) they should have benched games while skype/ventrillo/steam/mouse software/antivirus-antispyware/recording/streaming are running and not stuff like luxmark/image viewers. And do it in a proper resolution ,as higher graphical settings stress processors more due to multithreaded rendering.

·
Old and Crochity
5,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyu View Post

Mhm. Hell, mines still going strong and I just bumped up from 4.2 to 4.5. If I can keep this up till the next gen chips/mobos, I'll be happy.

The numbers I've seen 2600k's pull are just nuts.
Here's something funny for ya. Mine is still at stock and I haven't felt the need to OC it at all!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post

Here's something funny for ya. Mine is still at stock and I haven't felt the need to OC it at all!
What he said....There has been no significant change in the computer world to warrant super overclocks for gaming or have anything better than a 580 GTX in your computer.... If you have anything above that all it really is is just future proofing ... All this new stuff coming out...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
I am not sure what the point of this article is. If they wanted to do something gaming/multitasking relevant (what gaming performance you get while running related/working programs that is) they should have benched games while skype/ventrillo/steam/mouse software/antivirus-antispyware/recording/streaming are running and not stuff like luxmark/image viewers. And do it in a proper resolution ,as higher graphical settings stress processors more due to multithreaded rendering.
my thoughts aswell and for the love of god, turning down settings doesnt put more stress on the cpu, god
madsmiley.png

1 - 20 of 97 Posts