Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pcgamersrights.com/

Finally a group of people who understand PC Gamers and will help us band together. Maybe as a group we can now show to developers we don't want crappy noobified arcade style games, "casual" games or any other nonsense made for the console market, ported to the PC.

Quote:

Mission Statement

Welcome to PC Gamer Rights. This is a community of mature, respectable PC gaming clans that have united together to deal with issues that affect the entire PC community.

We formed as a group to not only deal with the needs and issues that PC gamers face, but, to build long lasting relationships with other clans and individual PC gamers.

PC Gamer Rights is not about one particular game but about the entire PC Community as a whole. . It doesn't matter what game you play or if you play as an individual or as a member of a clan. We where formed because we would like to see the PC community move forward as a group. Many of us have been gaming for years and are knowledgeable individuals in many different fields who can help meet the needs of the PC gamer and all entities that go hand in hand with PC gaming.

Our mission is to make an impact by reaching out to the millions of PC gamers, clans, and individuals around the world in hopes that we can all band together to inform the companies that we rely on for our gaming experience of the things we as PC gamers need and rely upon in for gaming.

At PC Gamer Rights we see ourselves as a "community" made up of clans, and individual PC Gamers who are more than just your casual hobbyist sitting at a computer. We see ourselves as one family, united together, and sticking together to better the PC gaming world.

Thank You,

PC Gamer Rights

Join the forums! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
I don't like it. There are no specific "rights" listed, it is too vague and open to interpretation. We need specific things listed, such as dedicated servers, creating user created content, the right to resell games (which we do have, big corporations such as Valve simply ignore things such as the first sale doctrine in US copyright law) and so forth...

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJumper
View Post

http://www.pcgamersrights.com/

Finally a group of people who understand PC Gamers and will help us band together. Maybe as a group we can now show to developers we don't want crappy noobified arcade style games, "casual" games or any other nonsense made for the console market, ported to the PC.

Join the forums! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

So, exactly what are they trying to do? improve game quality?

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
View Post

I don't like it. There are no specific "rights" listed, it is too vague and open to interpretation. We need specific things listed, such as dedicated servers, creating user created content, the right to resell games (which we do have, big corporations such as Valve simply ignore things such as the first sale doctrine in US copyright law) and so forth...

I agree.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yes. Games such as the COD series and to some extent Battlefield series have had a decline in quality even though the later is still supporting the PC very well, it wasn't as good as before.

It's a group of people who stand up for the things that makes PC games PC GAMES.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
in other words, in a very nice way - we demand X in Y video game when discussion arrives.

Pass

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
As much as I love the idea of receiving higher quality PC versions, I hate the arrogance that we deserve anything just because we game on a different platform. We play video games, it's not like we're the victim of centuries of oppression.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir
View Post

As much as I love the idea of receiving higher quality PC versions, I hate the arrogance that we deserve anything just because we game on a different platform.

exactly

"We deserve more because we game on superior hardware!"
^ Nah, I fail to see the logic.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

in other words, in a very nice way - we demand X in Y video game when discussion arrives.

Pass

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir
View Post

As much as I love the idea of receiving higher quality PC versions, I hate the arrogance that we deserve anything just because we game on a different platform. We play video games, it's not like we're the victim of centuries of oppression.

What these guys said.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post

Pass

Were not "entitled" to anything but take MW2 for example.

The previous system was already their, we weren't asking for anything "extra", they didn't have to go out of their way and apparently "fix" what wasn't "broke". Now they just beeped everything up.

It's obvious that this was their intention, make it so consoles and our versions are the same and force as many sales as they can towards consoles. For God knows what reason. Probably something profit orientated.

That kind of crap destroys PC gaming, that's what these people are standing up against.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJumper View Post
Were not "entitled" to anything but take MW2 for example.

The previous system was already their, we weren't asking for anything "extra", they didn't have to go out of their way and apparently "fix" what wasn't "broke". Now they just beeped everything up.

It's obvious that this was their intention, make it so consoles and our versions are the same and force as many sales as they can towards consoles.
I think most of us can agree that IW's decision to remove dedicated servers wasn't too smart. But if we want to be taken seriously, PC Gamers have to grow the heck up before we can start demanding things of companies. The main issue being, STOP threatening piracy if developers don't do this/that. It isn't, nor will it ever be a good tactic.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
exactly

"We deserve more because we game on superior hardware!"
^ Nah, I fail to see the logic.
I agree too... As long ports from consoles are good, like Dead Space which I had not a single problem with and the quality was still good, then I am happy at this point.

The thing I don't like is the activation and DRM crap going on. I would rather have to insert the disc and leave it in the drive to play, that should be sufficient. They arent going to stop piracy or slow it down by any other means.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Quote:

I think most of us can agree that IW's decision to remove dedicated servers wasn't too smart. But if we want to be taken seriously, PC Gamers have to grow the heck up before we can start demanding things of companies. The main issue being, STOP threatening piracy if developers don't do this/that. It isn't, nor will it ever be a good tactic.
Why shouldn't we, as gamers, demand things of companies? Don't we, after all, buy the games that then fund their salaries?

I think most gamers need to wake up and realize how poor most games are nowadays. Only when consumers refuse to pay for short single-player games and gimped multi-player games will gaming companies change their tone. As it stands, a company can walk all over us, the consumer, and get away with it. Look no farther than MW2.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJumper View Post
we don't want crappy noobified arcade style games, "casual" games or any other nonsense made for the console market, ported to the PC.
OMG OMG OMG! You and I are so much alike!

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluescreen_Of_Death View Post
Why shouldn't we, as gamers, demand things of companies? Don't we, after all, buy the games that then fund their salaries?

I think most gamers need to wake up and realize how poor most games are nowadays. Only when consumers refuse to pay for short single-player games and gimped multi-player games will gaming companies change their tone. As it stands, a company can walk all over us, the consumer, and get away with it. Look no farther than MW2.
My point isn't that we shouldn't expect a higher quality, but look at it from a company's point of view. The PC gaming community as a whole is no better than a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. If they don't do everything we ask, everyone starts the whole "then that gives me the right to pirate it!" game. So why on Earth would the companies want to make a game catered to that crowd?

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
I agree.
Don't do that you will just encourage him

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Quote:

My point isn't that we shouldn't expect a higher quality, but look at it from a company's point of view. The PC gaming community as a whole is no better than a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. If they don't do everything we ask, everyone starts the whole "then that gives me the right to pirate it!" game. So why on Earth would the companies want to make a game catered to that crowd?
I agree that not only do gamers in general [consoles AND pc] need to demand higher quality, but also grow up and take a stand. Pirating a game proves you want to play it. If we show the game devs that we don't even think the game is worth pirating, then things will take a turn.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluescreen_Of_Death View Post
I agree that not only do gamers in general [consoles AND pc] need to demand higher quality, but also grow up and take a stand. Pirating a game proves you want to play it. If we show the game devs that we don't even think the game is worth pirating, then things will take a turn.
We have come to an agreement.

Sadly, asking millions of people to grow up isn't as easy as it sounds.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Quote:

We have come to an agreement.

Sadly, asking millions of people to grow up isn't as easy as it sounds.
Truth

You speak it.

Consoles as an idea are brilliant if you think about it: Market to people who don't pay attention to what they get when they buy a game and rake in the millions. Hell, I know people at work who were practically creaming their pants when the [is it 21st?] new EA sports football game was coming out. Talk about a fat cash cow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts