Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall, does anyone know if this board has PCI/AGP locks, cos i have read through the specs and have no idea if it does or dosnt. Im going to be getting one but need to know cos i m not upgrading ram yet and using corsair value at the moment and need the locks.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic_flo

Hi yall, does anyone know if this board has PCI/AGP locks, cos i have read through the specs and have no idea if it does or dosnt. Im going to be getting one but need to know cos i m not upgrading ram yet and using corsair value at the moment and need the locks.

Cheers

I'd say Yes without a doubt....or it wouldnt be such a good board.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
They most definitely do have PCI/AGP locks.

nForce boards always have PCI/AGP locks, thats why overclockers lean towards nforce and not VIA.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

They most definitely do have PCI/AGP locks.

nForce boards always have PCI/AGP locks, thats why overclockers lean towards nforce and not VIA.

Ahh because my MSI board has a VIA chipset and dont have any kind of locks at all. not even built in ones that kick inat certain levels. 133, 166,200 etc etc.. absolutly nothing so it seems like a really crap board really , well for OC'ing anyway.

Ok guys cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

in short, if a mobo has nforce anything in its name for its chipset its gonna have agp\\pci locks

Except for the nForce 3 150

1 - 7 of 7 Posts