Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I'm having this issue with my system. I'm running 2x r9-280x and before I upgraded my cpu to a 3770k I was running pci-e 2.0 8x/8x but now I'm running PCI-e 4x/8x. Looks like primary card is only running at 4x why is that and should I really worry as this is pci-e 3.0. I played BF4 and the cards do seem ok. Performance is better than it was on pci-e 2.0 8x/8x. Maybe I only loose +-5-10FPS max compared to 8x/8x pci-e 3.0.

BTW I used gpu-z to see that. I also did the full screen test to see if it will kick in. I also took the card out and reinserted it. Maybe my Motherboard was faulty all along. weell to late to return now as I don't have warranty left.

Should i accept it for now or is there something else worng. Maybe my cpu is faulty but to scred to take it out again as I already broke a motherboard that way and it was a huge risk for me taking out my old cpu.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You might check to see if your updated to the latest BIOS, update it if it's not.
If your already updated to latest BIOS, then clear/reset the BIOS and go thru every setting in the BIOS.
Make sure everything is correctly enable and disable anything you do not need to have enabled.
Make sure your updated to the latest motherboard chip set driver and graphics drivers.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

You might check to see if your updated to the latest BIOS, update it if it's not.
If your already updated to latest BIOS, then clear/reset the BIOS and go thru every setting in the BIOS.
Make sure everything is correctly enable and disable anything you do not need to have enabled.
Make sure your updated to the latest motherboard chip set driver and graphics drivers.
ok so I already have latest bios and cipset drivers but still same issue. maybe either my cpu or motherboard is faulty.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
if ur checking PCI express speed at idle it will show only 4x or 1x. Once you open up a 3D application it will go to full speed either 16x or 8x in your case since you got 2 GPU

if you got dual monitors pull GPU-z over to the monitor where you are not gaming and check the speed

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanian View Post

if ur checking PCI express speed at idle it will show only 4x or 1x. Once you open up a 3D application it will go to full speed either 16x or 8x in your case since you got 2 GPU

if you got dual monitors pull GPU-z over to the monitor where you are not gaming and check the speed
that's not the case?. ok I just checked i might still have warranty left on my motherboard. But cold it be a cpu issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts