·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

So I've found a lot of info about:

2.0 8x vs 16x single or sli
3.0 8x vs 16x single or sli

but I can't find info about 8x/8x 2.0 vs 16x/16x 3.0 --> so twice the speed and another gen PCI-e

Why?

I got 2600K with P67 motherboard so 16 PCI-e lanes max.

Now I got 2x 780Ti and running at 2.0 8x/8x

Will I benefit if I upgrade to a 16x/16x 3.0 system?

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,525 Posts
You will not see really any gain on x16x16 over the x8x8 you are running. The Ti cards can't over fill the bandwidth available on the 2.0 x8 bus you will be fine. I have been running [email protected] with 4 680s and don't have issues didn't really see a gain on [email protected]

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is a Linus Tech Tip video comparing the performance difference between using two x16 and two x8. And it was almost the same within the error margin.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparman View Post

You will not see really any gain on x16x16 over the x8x8 you are running. The Ti cards can't over fill the bandwidth available on the 2.0 x8 bus you will be fine. I have been running [email protected] with 4 680s and don't have issues didn't really see a gain on [email protected]
Well I know my answer thanks to Pontiac :)
Quote:
Thx, couldn't find a single graph of it... but you did it from the pugetsystems site
thumb.gif
8 speed 2.0 vs 16 speed 3.0 and virtually no difference which make me happy coz I love my 2600K
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvNw View Post

There is a Linus Tech Tip video comparing the performance difference between using two x16 and two x8. And it was almost the same within the error margin.
Yup saw those too, but those were 2.0 or 3.0, not mixed

Thx all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts