Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unusual problem here.. I just installed a wireless card, which worked fine a week ago, but after reinstalling my tower112 with as5 its doesnt seem to work in any of the PCI slots. I exchanged the card for a new one and still doesnt work. Says "device cannot start". Please help.. really need help quick

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Sounds like a driver problem
Try a new BIOS or reflashing the version you have, and then of course new Windows drivers.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Unless you somehow damaged some of the traces or chipset controllers I don't see how that could be the problem. Remember, we are talking about Windows here, it does strange things.... I remember sometimes it just wouldn't detect my AGP slot so I lost all accelerated graphics

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Could be flexing the board too much. They can only tolerate so much weight and so much flex before ***** starts going haywire. Trying swapping the heatsink out for the original and see if the problem goes away. This would be the quickest and easiest way to determine if a problem that arose at the same time that you made a hardware change to your system might possibly be caused by that hardware change....which was done at the same time the problem arose.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the little green light come on (on the card) and windows reads it and can install but under hardware status it says "device cannot start"P

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok ive gotten it to work but i had to replace the tower112 with the stock heatsink, so what should i do because i dont wanna just have the tower112 sittin around.. maybe im mounting it wrong or soemthing... :\\ hmm, thanks for all help too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts