Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing around with my new hardware and with my new ASRock K10N78 I have been able to get my processor past 3.0Ghz and up to a nice stable 3.2Ghz... While going through my bios options I noticed a option for PCIE overclocking. I have read that it can be dangerous to data integrity and a lot of people have had mixed results. also, If i did do this, would the PCIE overclock setting mess with my current graphics card overclock? I have a Radeon HD3870... Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
What? There is absolutely no point in overclocking the PCIe via. the BIOS. Just overclock your graphics card using software such as RivaTuner.
Setting the PCIe bus to higher frequencies won't overclock the card anyway, it will just majorly screw things up.

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
The pcie overclocking blows up your computer, stick with your CPU and GPU, as harrier said use rivatuner or something like that (amd gpu clock tool, RBE ect.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My cpu, memory, and video card are already overclocked... So... perhaps ill just leave it alone lol... I'm just looking to see what else I can squeeze out of this rig. Has anybody here actually tried this setting, or are you going off of other reports elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I tried it on my old old rig just to see what would happen. It wouldn't post or anything after it, I tried all CMOS resets and crap =[. The only thing that you have on a PCIe bus is the graphics card which is already overclocked. So there would be absolutely no point to overclocking the PCIe bus. All it will do will screw up your PC

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
As i'd said, a quick way to fry your rig, just leave it at that. There isn't much else you can do to it short of an upgrade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts