Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Looks like this at the back?

If so I'm afraid to say you are stuck with low profile cards.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
As long as you know you'll have the room for whatever you're adding, there's nothing wrong with using an extender.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yeah i got a sapphire 5570 right now

but the PCIE riser can make the card like lie down on its side.......do you think?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
lol yeah i got a sapphire 5570 right now

but the PCIE riser can make the card like lie down on its side.......do you think?
But where would put the card, I can see no where for it to go without extensive modding

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just like on the side right above the slots..........

and the exaughst along the IO

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
just like on the side right above the slots..........

and the exaughst along the IO
A single slot card would probably fit there however both the 5850 and the 5770 are dual slot cards(although I think someone made a single slot 5770).

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the stock PSU inside right now,
i recently removed my aftermarket 500w PSU after trying it out

I could remove the PSU with wire coming in form the hole, then put the card next to it

I'll psot pics if I can later

wats the dimensions of the 5770 and the 5850?

·
15,777 Posts
Wasn't Duckie using them?

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol i dunno, i got the linky off somewhere here on OCN

anybody can give me the dimensions for the 5770 and 5850? reference designs only please (the V1 cooler) so i can vent the air out of the case if i upgarde

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I was you I'd just buy a cheap new case for about the same price as the riser card. Save any hassle and you'd never have to look at that Dell logo again!

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol this is classed as an "unautorized upgarde" so I can't do anything that changes the appearnce

i could change the I/O panel and stuff but liek the main stuff has to look the same

·
Banned
196 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie
View Post

lol this is classed as an "unautorized upgarde" so I can't do anything that changes the appearnce

i could change the I/O panel and stuff but liek the main stuff has to look the same

1St be more grateful your parents actually buy you stuff, my pc *new rig not in sig* i have had to sell and and save for months to buy,

2nd, save and get a new pc?

3rd, Get a job?

4th best idea would be to get a new case and i agree with everyone else...unless you want to get a dremel and cut a huge gape in your case and add some extendedness to it, you could probably buy a new mobo and case and after market hs and a new GPU and you would be sorted.. ^^ And if your rents dont trust you enough to build a pc then it might be because they paid for it and its there choice? ?

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamersunited22
View Post

1St be more grateful your parents actually buy you stuff, my pc *new rig not in sig* i have had to sell and and save for months to buy,

2nd, save and get a new pc?

3rd, Get a job?

4th best idea would be to get a new case and i agree with everyone else...unless you want to get a dremel and cut a huge gape in your case and add some extendedness to it, you could probably buy a new mobo and case and after market hs and a new GPU and you would be sorted.. ^^ And if your rents dont trust you enough to build a pc then it might be because they paid for it and its there choice? ?

lol its actually a shared PC

I paid for my current 5570 GPU and the PSU and windows 7

2. No new builds they said

3. too young to get one

·
Registered
2 Posts
25 dollars and shipping for a connector adapter for PCIex16 plus several hours of pissing around or 60 on a budget mid tower.

Just go for a new tower and save the head ache plus have usuable tower for more upgrades in the future.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhevil
View Post

25 dollars and shipping for a connector adapter for PCIex16 plus several hours of pissing around or 60 on a budget mid tower.

Just go for a new tower and save the head ache plus have usuable tower for more upgrades in the future.

read thread,

this is an unathorized upgarde

·
Banned
196 Posts
Never to young i had a job when i was 13, second.. everyone here is saying the same thing what you want to do is possible YES but you have to cut your case up, so go for it! Or you could buy a new case.... end.. of....

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
You could just turn it vertically and put it where they would normally go, exhausting out the PCI-E slots. It's going to need somewhere to get air from, though.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the case should still have space for it to suck air.......or I could somehow mod the top and cover it with a fan

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamersunited22
View Post

Never to young i had a job when i was 13, second.. everyone here is saying the same thing what you want to do is possible YES but you have to cut your case up, so go for it! Or you could buy a new case.... end.. of....

lol no can do here in Hong Kong

no jobs for ppl under 15-16 i think

I'm only 14

well i do the occasianal odd chores for my parents so I do get some $$

1 - 20 of 23 Posts