Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Well, hello there...
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ryzen Fan
Joined
·
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG32 View Post

"A unique group was on stage at this year's RSA Conference. Everyone on the panel " Understanding NSA Surveillance: The Washington View," including moderator James Lewis, had decades of experience working in government and intelligence."

Source



Another good read: [PCM] RSAC: Defeating NSA Surveillance Isn't the Real Problem
Very good article in my opinion. My only issue is with the how they obtain, process, and retain personal information, there's to much ambiguity, leaving the legality and violations of our right to privacy up for debate. More transperacy is needed.

I think one of the most important things this article hits is that countries other then the US are doing the exact same thing, including internal surveillance. If you thought differently before this was leaked you're very naive.
 

·
Politically incorrect
Joined
·
9,548 Posts
There is only one thing anyone needs to know about the NSA and the military industrial complex: they are the Ministry of Love.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
Hail to the VPN!

People should start using them. For such a small price p/m you can have your network traffic encrypted.

Handy if you follow Julian Assange and Snowden.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
A little proper spelling goes a long way too.
rolleyes.gif


There is a correct way to spell their for the given usage in the post above.

....And if you follow Julian Assange or Snowden in any way shape or form, you might as well wear a brand that says "International terrorist / war criminal / traitor" because that's what they were and are.

(easily defensible statement, by the way.)

Also, while that article is an interesting read, it's written based on a person's viewpoints given from outside the entity about which the article is written, and is therefore by nature grossly inaccurate.
I applaud people for trying to "fight the machine" though...
Considering the "machine" is there for the SECURITY of the citizenry.

Thanks - T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,279 Posts
There was a time when the NSA would be referred to as 'No Such Agency'... back when they were doing their job in the quiet underground where the real criminals are hiding and actively seeking to undermine society. Now, if you send a text/email/tweet/blog post with certain keywords, you'll be tracked for life by this now WAY to public security agency. I used to believe in the NSA and was actively seeking to pad my resume in military work to work for them, no longer. I think every generation says it, but in the last 10 years I've lost a TON of faith in my government. At one point I was in the Army and actively seeking to serve, now I'd rather serve my local community, friends, and family where I know I'm making a difference, rather than being sent to interrogate and torture strangers (I was 97E) my Gov't said were my enemies.
Sorry for the rant :\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post

A little proper spelling goes a long way too.
rolleyes.gif


There is a correct way to spell their for the given usage in the post above.

....And if you follow Julian Assange or Snowden in any way shape or form, you might as well wear a brand that says "International terrorist / war criminal / traitor" because that's what they were and are.

(easily defensible statement, by the way.)

Also, while that article is an interesting read, it's written based on a person's viewpoints given from outside the entity about which the article is written, and is therefore by nature grossly inaccurate.
I applaud people for trying to "fight the machine" though...
Considering the "machine" is there for the SECURITY of the citizenry.

Thanks - T
welcome ...

but i think you need to be in here

http://www.overclock.net/t/1469995/firstlook-how-the-nsa-infiltrates-the-internet-to-manipulate-deceive-and-destroy-reputations/10#post_21862387
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
Like I've said 1/2-dozen times in threads you and I've been in together, my reputation is in their pocket, so yeah...

Thanks - T

P.S. And I AM there.
I'm everywhere and nowhere. Like the shadow, with hip problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post

Like I've said 1/2-dozen times in threads you and I've been in together, my reputation is in their pocket, so yeah...

Thanks - T

P.S. And I AM there.
I'm everywhere and nowhere. Like the shadow, with hip problems.
well i know more about you each post so keep it up
smile.gif
 

·
Politically incorrect
Joined
·
9,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor958 View Post

There was a time when the NSA would be referred to as 'No Such Agency'... back when they were doing their job in the quiet underground where the real criminals are hiding and actively seeking to undermine society. Now, if you send a text/email/tweet/blog post with certain keywords, you'll be tracked for life by this now WAY to public security agency. I used to believe in the NSA and was actively seeking to pad my resume in military work to work for them, no longer. I think every generation says it, but in the last 10 years I've lost a TON of faith in my government. At one point I was in the Army and actively seeking to serve, now I'd rather serve my local community, friends, and family where I know I'm making a difference, rather than being sent to interrogate and torture strangers (I was 97E) my Gov't said were my enemies.
Sorry for the rant :\
The biggest criminals are in the US, UK, EU governments. There never was a time when the NSA did anything regarding 'criminals', for they are the biggest ones. To understand their role you only need to read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins and you see that their existence only serves the might corporations that own the US government.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexo View Post

For some reason I like the acronym of the NSA
tongue.gif
^ this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post

....And if you follow Julian Assange or Snowden in any way shape or form, you might as well wear a brand that says "International terrorist / war criminal / traitor" because that's what they were and are.

(easily defensible statement, by the way.)

Thanks - T
George Washington in some ways was a terrorist, as were his men behind British lines. I for one am proud to say I support Snowden. And believe me when I say people hate me for it. He brought to light something that people knew but were called conspiracy nuts for talking about and believing. I applaud his bravery.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Liranan

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I think the heart of the issue is where does the information I generate become fair game for the NSA (or anyone else who cares) to intercept? Is this line the same as the U.S. border? Is it when I go to certain sites? or is it as soon as that info leaves my house? Me personally with the set up I have right now (aka no VPN... yet) I do not expect my information to be "private" outside of my house. If you want to increase your privacy on the net then use a VPN, but in general do not say or write something that you don't want big brother to know.

Now is it RIGHT for the NSA to conduct the level of internal spying that it does? I do not think so..... and please forgive me for bringing politics into this, I'll do my best to keep it relevant to the topic at hand. I do not think that the level of internal spying that the NSA is conducting is right because of government that is willing to invade your personal lives, restrict your gun rights and free speech, is a government that is afraid of the population rising up in one form or another. The government does not trust us and why? If anything it is we who should not trust the government, but I fear that is not the general consensus :/

As Ben franklin said "[Those] who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstock76 View Post

George Washington in some ways was a terrorist, as were his men behind British lines. I for one am proud to say I support Snowden. And believe me when I say people hate me for it. He brought to light something that people knew but were called conspiracy nuts for talking about and believing. I applaud his bravery.
:/
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top