Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The monitors use 24" and 27" TN (Twisted Nematic) panels sporting a 144Hz maximum static refresh rate (variable with Adaptive-Sync) and 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) resolution.
Quote:
The refresh rate range for FreeSync is very impressive indeed, as it ranges from 30 - 160Hz. That is not a typo - this comes straight from the horse's mouth and is something which will make these models stand out for some users.
Quote:
The monitors are scheduled to become available in the UK in September 2015 at a highly competitive £229/£279 MSRP for the 24"/27" model, respectively.

Source: https://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-g2460pf-and-g2770pf-freesync-gaming-models/

Interesting that they quote a 144Hz static refresh but 160Hz with FreeSync. The prices are very good, these could be promising monitors for competitive games.

·
PC Evangelist
48,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

1080p
mad.gif

We really need to start pushing harder - 120Hz 1440p has been around for years, make better controllers and bring high refresh rates to 4K (and above)!
120Hz 1440p is not easy to push. People that play 120Hz plus are probably CSS player and they dont care about 1440p

• Rep+
Reactions: Chowley

·
PC Evangelist
48,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmonster View Post

I think that the bigger market lies with 1080p.
I was playing around with 24/1080p monitor and boy 1080p looks so bad these days.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

120Hz 1440p is not easy to push. People that play 120Hz plus are probably CSS player and they dont care about 1440p
So untrue. On both counts.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

I play @ 120Hz 1440p with a standard rig (7970, 8320). Any non-graphically intensive games are easy to max out, and it's only going to get easier.

Most of these games I'd be quite happy with 60Hz, but for easy avoiding 3:2 pulldown in video playback and general smoothness of things like pointers (before considering FPS games) high refresh rates would be nice.

·
PC Evangelist
48,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

I play @ 120Hz 1440p with a standard rig (7970, 8320). Any non-graphically intensive games are easy to max out, and it's only going to get easier.

Most of these games I'd be quite happy with 60Hz, but for easy avoiding 3:2 pulldown in video playback and general smoothness of things like pointers (before considering FPS games) high refresh rates would be nice.
Well depends on the games you play. If you play latest games you need dual GPUs. If you lower settings then might as well be on 1080p then 1440p.

·
PC Evangelist
48,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowth2 View Post

come on, i'm so done with 24" 1080p era
For sure. I am just saying the causal gamer market is huge.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It feels like I'm the only one who prefers high fps on slightly lower resolutions and/or graphics settings.

Stereotypically people who say "who cares about fps, look how good the graphics are!!!" are console gamers, but more and more I am seeing so called PC gamers adopting that mentality.
doh.gif

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorea View Post

It feels like I'm the only one who prefers high fps on slightly lower resolutions and/or graphics settings.

Stereotypically people who say "who cares about fps, look how good the graphics are!!!" are console gamers, but more and more I am seeing so called PC gamers adopting that mentality.
doh.gif
High fps/refresh rate + 1080p for life.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The thing is, for any game that's graphically demanding a single GPU is simply not enough to push a consistent 120-144fps @ 1080p, forget 1440p.

So if you really want to make use of that refresh rate...you're left with either lowering settings, lowering resolution, or opening the can of worms that is SLI/CFX.
sadsmiley.gif

·
PC Evangelist
48,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

Stop making 1080p monitors........ please let it die out.
It's all about price. They cant make a 1440p,120Hz,IPS,FreeSync for $300.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

Stop making 1080p monitors........ please let it die out.
Until we can consistently get over (not barely reaching for short bursts) 60 fps on 4k - let alone 1440p - 1080p is here to stay for a long time.

I would like to keep my 70-100 fps, thank you.

·
To The Game
7,678 Posts

·
Needs more voltage
503 Posts
I would rather max out everything in a game at 1080p, 144Hz, than have to turn most of the settings down to play at 1440p, 120Hz.. People seem to forget that it's not just about the monitor itself, but the GPU horsepower needed to actually take advantage of it. Like ZealotKi11er mentioned earlier, you pretty much need dual GPUs to achieve this in new games, and high end ones at that. Not only that, but pushing both a high resolution AND framerate, you'll find your upgrade periods substantially closer together.

I feel like we'll eventually settle on 1440p as the new standard, the way 1080p is now, but the first thing that needs to happen is midrange GPUs being able to push 60 FPS consistently at that res in the latest games. Not necessarily maxed out, but at moderate settings. We're well on our way with the huge quantities of VRAM available on newer cards, but the raw power isn't quite there yet. I say give it another couple generations, maybe a sprinkling of DX12/Vulkan, and it'll happen.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.