Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Cyberpunk & Mainframes
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Product Link: https://www.seasonic.com/scmd/

https://www.pcper.com/news/Cases-and-Cooling/Seasonic-shows-their-new-System-Cable-Management-Device

Seasonic claims that introducing the SCMD into your power loop will only drop efficiency by 1% overall, making it a perfect alternative to modular cabling. As with all things Computex this year, it does indeed sport an RGB logo, if you prefer to install it where it can contribute to the rave party in your case. We do not yet have a price or a date on which it becomes available, but Seasonic suggests it will come in three sizes to ensure a proper fit in almost any system.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
You know what, I'm not totally against this idea.

Some PSU's it's easy to keep the cables neat but some at the PSU side go all screwy and have to be tangled so something like this could solve it, would also mean we wouldn't have to have bunches of cables round the back.

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,861 Posts
I think it's kinda cool. I would just like to see the cable that exits the power supply be modular so it can be sleeved easily.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I was thinking about something a while back when I was building my gf's computer while setting up her dad's Samsung TV. The Samsung TV uses a connect box with a single cable connected to the TV. It was so easy to hide the ugliness from the peripherals. I'm happy Seasonic came up with this idea.

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
Very intriguing. I'll probably give this a try just for fun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
great idea, love it !

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
1,057 Posts
I think it is a very good Idea .
That said I can see it being a little problematic with many cases and builds .
As the little Canadian guy on youtube says "your mileage may vary"

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
That thing looks boss - well done Seasonic :thumb:

·
Cyberpunk & Mainframes
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's kinda cool. I would just like to see the cable that exits the power supply be modular so it can be sleeved easily.

I'm thinking you can use any PSU since it looks like there's a connector port where the 24 pin attaches, instead of truly embedded. It'll also come in 3 different sizes. So it makes me think it's not directly tied to a PSU.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm thinking you can use any PSU since it looks like there's a connector port where the 24 pin attaches, instead of truly embedded. It'll also come in 3 different sizes. So it makes me think it's not directly tied to a PSU.
I wouldn't push 1KW over a standard 24 pin cable, I hope it's a proprietary connector.

·
Cyberpunk & Mainframes
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where are you getting the info about 1KW over a 24pin on this? It seems to also have an EPS connector too.

And here it is without the PSU:

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,575 Posts

As with all things Computex this year, it does indeed sport an RGB logo, if you prefer to install it where it can contribute to the rave party in your case. We do not yet have a price or a date on which it becomes available, but Seasonic suggests it will come in three sizes to ensure a proper fit in almost any system." [/SIZE]
Hoping that this system will be applied to the PC cases of yesterday and tomorrow.

Hoping that someone whether it be Corsair, NZXT, Fractal and Phanteks will be using this new Seasonic Power Management system inside their cases. The cases could indeed change from the current boring designs that have never adopted anything new in such a long time.

The only one who changed the position of the motherboard inside their case design, has always been Silverstone. Wish others would copy their designs for once.

·
Otherworlder
7,517 Posts
errr its a bit too long though? based on the image shown its even longer than an ATX board.
ironically the ones that needs cable management the most are the compact builds, this might not even fit in those.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hmm would this be capable of powering a i9 7980Xe? Duel 8 pin board. Don't think my Evga supernova 1500watt has duel 8 pin

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
I like the idea, will be curious to check it out.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts