Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Although SEIKI is still in the TV business, the 39" 4K display (SE39UY04) they are announcing today is quite an interesting option. At $699, this display ends up being cheaper than most of the current 2560x1600 30" monitors currently on the market. Unlike the ASUS monitors however, this TV will be once again limited to a 30Hz refresh rate, which is disappointing. Regardless, we are extremely excited about this new TV option from SEIKI.
Source

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Pretty neat if you ask me. The 30HZ restriction sucks, but you could always downscale to a lower (Still high) resolution and get a better refresh rate, correct?

We need some HDMI 2.0 in our lives.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

Pretty neat if you ask me. The 30HZ restriction sucks, but you could always downscale to a lower (Still high) resolution and get a better refresh rate, correct?

yeah i believe that was tested somewhere ( looks the same as the one from china ) and at 1920x1080 it overclocked to more than 150hz

edit: almost

http://www.overclock.net/products/skyworth-39e780u-uhd-tv/reviews/6071

·
Registered
547 Posts
Man, they seriously need to start making monitors instead of TVs. Then, 60Hz would have been a priority. $700 price tag is pretty amazing though especially considering that the bigger brother has gotten quite a lot of discounts since it came out.

·
Windows 10 is good
4,302 Posts
Give me 75-80hz of this and... (homer simpson drool)
biggrin.gif
. Heck, even 60hz... with this resolution...

·
Windows 10 is good
4,302 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Swolern

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

Or, you know, DP 1.2 which already is available and doesn't have to be licensed. That makes way too much sense though.
tongue.gif

·
PC Evangelist
46,965 Posts
At that price if it did 60Hz it would be a game changer.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts

·
Windows 10 is good
4,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Sweet! Thanks for the info Tiger! +rep
Welcome
smile.gif
kinda buried but since I had known of the thread it wasn't tough to dig up
biggrin.gif

·
Windows 10 is good
4,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Mclaren View Post

Will HDMI 2.0 solve that ???

or the HDMI port in the TV will be forever limited to 30HZ ??
HDMI 2.0 will solve it with supported devices... the standard has to be built into it. So, it won't fix existing ones, of course.

·
PC Evangelist
46,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast4291987 View Post

30hz for 30fps. i dont care i will game on this with minecraft and seus mod and etxtreme render distance.my 670 will most likely get only 30 fps most games at this resolution.
You need a Titan at least to get into 30fps.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't know I'm down sampling at 3840x2160 on my 50 plasma tv.

Iplay minecraft at extreme render distance and getting 24fps when the world is fully loaded and my card is @1215mhz and +150mhz on memory card is stock ref no factory overclock.
I would upload a pic but there .bmp and 23mbs big. My i5 is stock but I'm also doing multi-core rendering and 16gb @2133mhz

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post

Or, you know, DP 1.2 which already is available and doesn't have to be licensed. That makes way too much sense though.
tongue.gif
We can't use DP 1.2 for 60hz 4K anyways.

But how I wish this TV could do 60hz at 4K. So close yet so far. Interesting what some people said about down sampling it and running a high refresh rate.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts