Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I signed up for a free 6 months or something like that 3 years ago and I'm still getting one every month in the mail. xD

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I am really baffled at this every time it comes up - what do you guys get out of this magazine? Picked one up in microcenter the other day - saw a TJ11 I saw on OCN last year, there "reviews" are just manufacturer's descriptions reworded with some conjecture added in for effect (no benchmarks, no test, not even unboxing or assembly - I kind of doubt they actually receive any products). Linux hints for noobs, so on. I don't know, I feel like I learn more just checking the online deals forum here. Guess finding their logo on the cover is fun when I'm in the bathroom.

Obviously there is no reason to read this post I just really don't understand

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes View Post

I am really baffled at this every time it comes up - what do you guys get out of this magazine? Picked one up in microcenter the other day - saw a TJ11 I saw on OCN last year, there "reviews" are just manufacturer's descriptions reworded with some conjecture added in for effect (no benchmarks, no test, not even unboxing or assembly - I kind of doubt they actually receive any products). Linux hints for noobs, so on. I don't know, I feel like I learn more just checking the online deals forum here. Guess finding their logo on the cover is fun when I'm in the bathroom.

Obviously there is no reason to read this post I just really don't understand
yeah they use to be a WHOLE lot better ~3-4 years ago anymore I feel its more for ppl just getting into computers (for the most part) or perhaps I've just out grown it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts