Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
AMD fan
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcn77 View Post

390X is rather stable in the benchmark.
It's not much better than the 1080. The vertical range is a bit shorter for the 1080 hence why it's all over the place.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

It's not much better than the 1080. The vertical range is just much shorter for the 1080 hence why it's all over the place.
Average 58, minimum 55: 5% variance is bad?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

It's not much better than the 1080. The vertical range is a bit shorter for the 1080 hence why it's all over the place.
Even if you take out the 2 spikes down to 54 and 61, And just go by the 4-5sec dip at 67 thats still a 19fps difference between min and max.

Now if we were to apply your same logic, saying a 7fps variation and 19fps variation are the same, is like saying the 390x performs the same at a 980 ti because it can get within 12 fps average as the 980 ti.

If you have a powerful card but its constantly dipping down in sub 60fps your still going to have a crappy gaming experience.
mad.gif

that being said I'm sure nvidia will have their DX12 performance in check soon enough.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryst View Post

Even if you take out the 2 spikes down to 54 and 61, And just go by the 4-5sec dip at 67 thats still a 19fps difference between min and max.

Now if we were to apply your same logic, saying a 7fps variation and 19fps variation are the same, is like saying the 390x performs the same at a 980 ti because it can get within 12 fps average as the 980 ti.

If you have a powerful card but its constantly dipping down in sub 60fps your still going to have a crappy gaming experience.
mad.gif

that being said I'm sure nvidia will have their DX12 performance in check soon enough.
This title is Dx12 which renders the drivers obsolete, btw.

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydfrey24 View Post

I wonder which part of the game 1080 drops so much fps?
Compute.

drum.gif

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydfrey24 View Post

I wonder which part of the game 1080 drops so much fps?
Thats 1440p they only tested 1080p on the 960 and 380

Edit: sorry totally misread your post I hate that they named it the 1080
tongue.gif

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

why they release the chart without a R9 Fury (x) ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4kae18/total_war_warhammer_directx_12_performance/d3dh2is?context=3

Quote:
Hey guys, author of the piece here. I have a Fury/980 Ti/all the other GPUs I didn't test here, but it was a mixture of time constraints (Friiiiiidaaaaaaay) and the fact that I didn't want to go TOO nuts with this since it's a preview and not final code. When the in-game code rolls out I might retest it with more cards, but I thought it was worth getting results with the middle-of-the-road GPUs out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There might be a CPU bottleneck that 390x won't reach and 1080 does. I couldn't tell just from this. Or there is a problem with 1080 or with drivers.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatolisk View Post

There might be a CPU bottleneck that 390x won't reach and 1080 does. I couldn't tell just from this. Or there is a problem with 1080 or with drivers.
Not Dx11.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatolisk View Post

in DX12? Pascal´s Architecture fault

1 - 20 of 109 Posts