Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the p4 extreme edition (3.73 2mb l2 cache 1066fsb)
has any one had a chance to run this cpu/overclock it if so what are your guys opions

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:

3 Minutes Ago 11:22 PM
lightwalker I just purchased the p4 extreme edition (3.73 2mb l2 cache 1066fsb)
has any one had a chance to run this cpu/overclock it if so what are your guys opions

Can I ask the price and why?

Usally EE CPU's are very good for overclocking becuse they are the cream of teh crop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just wondering what your guys thought were i paid 1100 for the cpu i did a ton of research bu t like i said just wanted to know what the amd guys think about it they are the best critics

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not when you get a 3 year instant warranty so if any thing happen in the next three years i go back to comp usa and get it replace on the spot no wating for intel to investigate and send out new one

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
wrong forum, you will get more opinions in the intel section..I personally dont bother with anything intel.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Man, that is a lot of $$$ to drop on a processor. If you hang around this AMD forum longer, you'll start to realize that there's a lot of hype in Intel processors but not a whole lot else to back it up. Intels use more power to run at those high speeds, and because it uses more power, it generates more heat which requires more powerful heatsink/fans to cool it. So you have a double whammy. AMDs are known to be much more efficient so that it does more but requires less power and so forth. We're not flaming you for buying an Intel chip but if you do a little more research, you'll see that spending that money on an AMD would get more bang for the buck in terms of performance and electricity bill.

Feel free to search around the forums for the more technical aspect for why AMDs are more efficient than Intel or feel free to ask. I'm sure everyone here can share a bit of knowledge regarding that.

• Rep+
Reactions: Fishie36

·
Premium Member
8,377 Posts
And if you overclock you void your warranty. I personaly do not spend more than $250.00 on a procesor, not when I can make it run like one that is almost 3 times its price.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Lay off the fanboysim guys. The 3.73E is a good CPU and still very fast although $1000 for it is a ripoff.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3r3my

Lay off the fanboysim guys. The 3.73E is a good CPU and still very fast although $1000 for it is a ripoff.

I rather get the "fastest single core" (FX-57), or "fastest dual core" (X2 4800+) for less than $1k

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687

I rather get the "fastest single core" (FX-57), or "fastest dual core" (X2 4800+) for less than $1k

Yes but the store he got it from probably charges even more for those. Thats why theres Newegg.com

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

I don't see any fanboyism...

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I don't see any fanboyism...

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttmud

yeh, amd pwns intel

That.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:

dude i couldn't help but laugh at him for buy that processor for that price and then asking in here (AMD section) what everyone thought.

with all the killer amd hardware around...he got pimped out and didnt even get a reacharound.

on the plus side he can heat his house with it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts