Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Power Squid
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm sorry for this dumb question;

Somebody on another forum I regular is claiming that they were able to get a 1.8Ghz Northwood A (FSB400) to run at over 4GHz. Is this even possible without nO2? Thats an overclock of 2.2GHZ which would be mighty meaty.

·
Power Squid
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I managed to break the 4GHz barrier recently and posted my achievement here and got a good old pat on the back but I also posted it at another forum I regulate www.water-cooling.com and the regulars there seemed impressed by it. Though some newbie has just registered on that forum and is wondering what all the fuss about a 600MHz overclock is.

Come to think of it now I think I might have misread his statement. when he said he can get more than that he might have meant he could overclock the 1.8Ghz to 2.5Ghz.

·
Administrator
64,453 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4ct1c47

Well I managed to break the 4GHz barrier recently and posted my achievement here and got a good old pat on the back but I also posted it at another forum I regulate www.water-cooling.com and the regulars there seemed impressed by it. Though some newbie has just registered on that forum and is wondering what all the fuss about a 600MHz overclock is.

Come to think of it now I think I might have misread his statement. when he said he can get more than that he might have meant he could overclock the 1.8Ghz to 2.5Ghz.

That would seem abit more realistic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts