Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently running a pentium 805 CPU overclocked to 4.1ghz, its an awesome cpu for the money but due to its locked muliplyer, i can only run ram at certain speeds (i cant lower the multiplyer and up the FSB to allow high Ram frequencies). i have been looking into getting another cpu like 945. (i woudl go conroe if my stupid asus mobo supported it), i have a P5WDG2-e premium with a 975x chipset, however it doesnt support conroe
. anyway, i am an experienced overclocker with a triple radiator water cooling.
ive been looking around to see if any of the other Pentium D CPU's overclock as well as my current CPU if not higher, its difficult to get a striaght answer though. ive seen a few 5ghz overclocks with a 940 but i find it hard to get details on such overclocks. cooling required and genral difficulty. if anyony could offer some advice it would be much appreciated.

thanks!

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Could you please fill out your sys specs from the User CP menu at the top of the page? That will ease in other members helping you.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Any way that you could sell your board and current CPU and replace it with a GIGABYTE DS3 and E6300? You make take a lost in your current set-up but.........

About getting a 945? Well, I have one and it's very fast but those don't have a lock-free multi, they're stuck at x17 and with EIST enabled, they're at x12 but you cannot run it at x12, so maybe you could get a max of (300x17) 5.10ghz. That will be a huge gain over the 4.1 (205x20) and also the extra cache will help.....so those seem to be the only two options.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i hear boards with intel chipsets like 975x are excellent for overclockers

·
Registered
226 Posts
i dont have one that is just what has been recomended to me after waisting 300+ on an nforce boards

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it looks liek thers a strong possibility that i will be selling my motherboard, it cost me £150 new and i think it costs around £140 now, i wrekon i would sell it for £70 (around $130 if im not mistaken) whether you would want it or not its got a 60mm akasa fan modded onto the chipset heatsink, keeps it at around 25degress (very handy), and its silent
. anyways, it still jstu a thought but im a performance hungry guy and i hate being behind the competition! conroe is the only way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts