Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was having fun with the new system and desided to push it aways, I havent had many problems just little voltage tweaks. But I got it past 3.5.
Its not maxxed yet, still has room to grow, but heat is realy the only thing keeping me from going any further. Anyways this is the best overclock Ive got since my start, and I dont know about you guys but I think a 900mhz overclock on a Pentium D is pretty darn good.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
That's a great overclock dude, what voltage are you using to get that? And also, since you have an ES, I would try some multi overclocking too

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas

That's a great overclock dude, what voltage are you using to get that? And also, since you have an ES, I would try some multi overclocking too

Voltage was 1.45, I cant use multi to bump it up, because although it is unlocked it only has the choice of 14min and 14 max LOL(realy sucks but hey)

Quote:

that is a noice haha overclock indeed

well done

nice to see that you had proof too

LOL yeah thanks, I dont have anything to lie about!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Wow, from 2.8 to 3.7 is pretty good. You think the i975x chipset has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKraken

Wow, from 2.8 to 3.7 is pretty good. You think the i975x chipset has anything to do with it?

Not sure but thats why I spent the extra $. Theres alot more in it then that, I just need to get some better cooling(working up plans for water right now), my ram is just barely under its stock speed at 1-1 and I was told it could overclock quite high as well. If I can get my temps down in the teens with water and dry ice it should hit 4.0 but if I can pull 3.8 even, Ill be tickled pink.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by savageice99

my ram I'm missing it already!

Correction MY RAM lol, but yeah thanks for the great chips. Only one problem I couldnt overclock the ram because the board does not support it so, it reads it as pc3200 by defult, once I get up to say 240fsb then it kicks in. But yeah Im happy with them, just cant run stock voltage above 3.3 even though the ram is underclocked. The nice thing about it is the timings run the best in this board at 3-2-2-7 with stock voltage and up too 2.00v. Very pleased so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts