Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of just an FYI since not many people have experience with Pentium D's.

With the stock Heat sink and fan I was running 33C idle and 48C under full load.

With the Big Typhoon and AS5, Im running 18C idle and 33C under full load. Not too bad at all.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by John600rr

This is sort of just an FYI since not many people have experience with Pentium D's.

With the stock Heat sink and fan I was running 33C idle and 48C under full load.

With the Big Typhoon and AS5, Im running 18C idle and 33C under full load. Not too bad at all.

Hi John600rr,

Excellent temps!! I wish I could fit the Typhoon in my case.
The Zalmon 7000Cu just barely fits. So... I'll live with it until watercooling.

Take care, :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey did you have any problems seating the heatsink?

Im having a ***** of a time with my new tt heatsink.........its the one in my recently added link

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetX

Im having a ***** of a time with my new tt heatsink.........its the one in my recently added link

Is the motherboard a BTX form factor? It is an Intel board, so it may be, but I just wanted to make sure before I gave you suggestions.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by John600rr

So you're stating that the Big Typhoon lowered your idle temperatures by 15 degrees Celsius?
I have a feeling this was either a typo or you were running the system under 2 completely different conditions. It's not possible for air or water cooling to run below ambient room temperature, so it was obviously cold in your room with an 18C idle temp. Was the first run perhaps in the middle of summer with no air conditioning in the room?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

So you're stating that the Big Typhoon lowered your idle temperatures by 15 degrees Celsius?
I have a feeling this was either a typo or you were running the system under 2 completely different conditions. It's not possible for air or water cooling to run below ambient room temperature, so it was obviously cold in your room with an 18C idle temp. Was the first run perhaps in the middle of summer with no air conditioning in the room?

At the VERY most it was 5C colder when I ran the BT before.

My ambient temp right now is 20C and I'm idling at 22C. Maybe my temp sensor is off, but I'm not lying.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetX

I didn't have any problems seating the heatsink, other than the first time I did it I was way to cautious and I didnt tighten it down even half as tight as I needed too.

I have a G1 Turbo Gigabyte Mobo with the 3 turbo fan coolers and that created a problem getting the to BT heatsink securing nuts, but I removed to turbojet housings and tightened it on and had no problem. I had to remove my rear case fan also to get the BT w/ mobo installed but it went back in once the mobo and BT were in, it only has about 3-5mm clearence though.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

Is the motherboard a BTX form factor? It is an Intel board, so it may be, but I just wanted to make sure before I gave you suggestions.

Yeah its btx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts