Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon

What we stand for

Because the Pokemon cannot speak for themselves. We are the spokespersons for these poor creatures, who if they could only talk, would tell you of the horrible injustices committed against them.

Imagine that you're a Pokemon. Pretend, say, that you're a Nidoran, happily living out your life in Viridian forest. Then one day, while you're minding your own business, a strange human comes into the forest. He sends out one of his Pokemon slaves to beat you to a pulp. After you've been pummelled too senseless to resist, the human tosses a metal ball at you. For the next several hours to several days, you find yourself trapped within its confines. Sheer loneliness envelopes you.

When at last you're released from the Pokeball, you must obey the uncaring human's commands. The human then expects you to fight against your fellow creatures, to aid him in enslaving more innocent Pokemon!

But that's not the worst of it. If you're not particularly useful to your human master, he'll probably put you into storage. You'll be converted to mere data, and sent online into the computer of some guy named Bill. There you may spend weeks, months, even years in this cyberprison, susceptible to computer viruses and accidental deletion. And if your master gives up his "trainer" lifestyle or forgets about you, you may be doomed to spend eternity in Bill's computer.

And why does the human do this to you? All for mere sport, just to gain some worthless badges and maybe the pointless title of "Pokemon Master." Does he have to endure the suffering you face in endless battles? No! He just barks commands at you, and if you dont' fight well enough, it's back in the Pokeball for you.

Here at PETP, it is our goal to stop such cruelty. We believe Pokemon are happiest when left in their natural habitat, spared from human indignities. However, if Pokemon are taken as pets, they should be treated as equals and not forced to fight battles or do silly tricks for humans. They should not be forced to evolve with evolution stones or physically altered with drugs or vitamins. And they should never, ever, have to endure the torment of being stuffed inside a little metal ball that's several times smaller than themselves!

Current members

• TheOwlHootHoot
  • HPE1000
  • Sunreaper
  • Goldn3agle
Code for your signature

teaching.gif People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon teaching.gif

Code:

Code:
[URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1418251/people-for-the-ethical-treatment-of-pokemon-petp/0_50]:teaching: People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon :teaching:[/URL]

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
But some Pokemon can speak like Mewtwo

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
What about Lugia?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
He does in the movie

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Count me in
smile.gif
Just a warning OP does not deliver

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
biggrin.gif
OP delivered

·
Super Moderator
14,121 Posts
Pokemons are tasty. You aren't taking my Pikachu steaks away from me.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I prefer cooked magikarp myself

·
Super Moderator
14,121 Posts
I stab them once in a place that won't kill them instantly then I watch them bleed to death.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot View Post

As long as you are ethical about it.
I occasionally enjoy some sharpedo fin soup

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:

Not quite sure what a sharpedo is....
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sharpedo

>Opens a club about Pokemon ethical rights and doesn't even know what one of the most endangered and unethically treated Pokemon is

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Quote:

Not quite sure what a sharpedo is....
....................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunreeper View Post

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sharpedo

>Opens a club about Pokemon ethical rights and doesn't even know what one of the most endangered and unethically treated Pokemon is
^lol. Thank you for making my day, sir.

Also... I need some hard evidence that Pokemon don't enjoy battling. Of couse EVERY Pokemon might not like to battle, but I feel like it might be fun for them... ya know, like sports are for us?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts