Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when really they have lancool..

Lian Li's are distinguished by 100% aluminum construction while the lan cools are steel...

Just bugs me kinda, idk.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
*Sticks nose up in the air*

Lancool is made by Lian Li, so I can see where the mistake is. As I don't like full aluminum cases, if I were to get "Lian Li" case, it would be a Lancool. Some people just don't want to spend so much money on a Lian Li. You can get similar looks for a lot cheaper.

That said, I'd have Lancool in my signature as well as Lian Li:

"Lian Li Lancool somenumbersandletters"

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

Lian Li cases are badass.

Indeed
I just wish the one I have had more cable management features.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Really, what difference is there between steel and aluminum, besides weight?
People get so worked up over the silliest things.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aweir
View Post

Ease of modding/cutting. Durability to corrosion. (Aluminium doesn't rust, though it does oxidise.)

Lian Li's cases tend to be a lot nicer looking, too.

Lancool is like their "LOLOLO 1337 GAMER" line.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aweir View Post
Aluminum radiates heat better than steel, doesn't rust, it's easier to cut, and is lighter. Or in other words, unless you are a ladyman living in the Amazon, and only had cheap Chinese tools, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa View Post
Ease of modding/cutting. Durability to corrosion. (Aluminium doesn't rust, though it does oxidise.)

Really? I'm pretty sure they both have them. Even though Lancool has more.

Oh the reason why they do it is because it looks like a Lian Li on the outside with the awesome aluminum ( Made by LL?... ) but the inside it turns out to be steel

·
Registered
953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa View Post

Can't really say I've ever had my computer case rust out on me ...

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by aweir
View Post

Silly? You must never have worked with a lian li, and no, that rocket fish isn't lian li... I tell you what...

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman
View Post

Really? I'm pretty sure they both have them. Even though Lancool has more.

Oh the reason why they do it is because it looks like a Lian Li on the outside with the awesome aluminum ( Made by LL?... ) but the inside it turns out to be steel

Looks like lian li, no it doesnt, it doesnt have the cut aluminum look, it has the boring steel look, stupid cases.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
If your money goes to the Lian Li company, you own a Lian Li. It's no different than QQing about GMC owners saying they have a Chevy because the badge on the front is different and they have nicer trim.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Yeah, this wouldn't be something I'd get worked up over. I have a dirt cheap case since I was on a very fixed budget when I first started this computer. In the long run, what other people have or claim to have is pretty insignificant to me and who I am. If they're happy with what they have, more power to them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman5 View Post
Aluminum radiates heat better than steel, doesn't rust, it's easier to cut, and is lighter. Or in other words, unless you are a ladyman living in the Amazon, and only had cheap Chinese tools, it doesn't matter.
modding aluminum is completely different from modding steel. everything from painting to cutting, aluminum is a far superior surface to use. there is, to me, a HUGE difference in materials. and yes, i have nice tools (dewalt, rotozip, devilbiss)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts