Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picture's link leads to ebay.

I've got this one for lulz when I first saw its price.
It's very small: 9cm x 5cm x 3cm (L*W*H).

CONS:
Clicks are loud, mouse3 button is very tough, sensor is ****ty, 125hz from the box, short cable, dpi is about 680-740 (tho seller claims it's 1200), native feets are tenacious.

PROS:
Its size'n'shape, it's lightweight, looks cool, surface feels good, wheel is alright too.

When it first came to me I plugged it in... out... and threw it on a shell. It didn't seem applicable, so I forgot about it for a while.

Few weeks ago I killed my 6yo Kinzuadder trying to replace its broken wheel encoder, it needs a new kinzu buttons pcb now.

I don't have any others mice so I ought to use this gimmicky $1 mouse.

Since I am addicted to Quake 3 person I gave it a shot, and surprisingly to me it felt very nice to play with it!
I stuck insulating tape over its native feets so it's not sticky now. It's sensor doesn't allow to play on low sens and do quick flicks, so I had to higher my sens to be able to play.
Now I think I love its shape much more then Kinzu's one, I don't have big hands so it seems kinda perfect for me.

The question is: Do you guys know any small enough / suitable motherboard with good sensor which could be placed in this shell?

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
This is the only one I know of that's small enough. It is expensive though.
https://www.tindie.com/products/jkicklighter/pmw3360-motion-sensor/

I made a replacement button pcb for a mouse by hand. I just desoldered the switches and encoders and drilled through the holes as a guide over a blank single layer pcb. then carved out the traces with a flat screwdriver. I didn't make the traces long, just put a hole for a wire beside each pin. It worked fine for a few weeks until I had to redesign the circuit. I will be reusing it though. You could try that if you think the button pcb is beyond saving.

https://i.imgur.com/e5BFzAK.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's indeed pretty expensive, especially including shipping price=/
Taking into account that my experience at the amateur level... I doubt I could make it without step-by-step guide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts