Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just have a quick question:

Let's say you buy excellent-quality ram (both DDR3 and DD4) and overclock it to the max.

What kind of performance gains would you expect in game/application load time and gaming FPS ?

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Cheers.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
If I buy a blue car and a blue motorcycle, which will be more blue?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

If I buy a blue car and a blue motorcycle, which will be more blue?
if you jumped in the harbor - would the world be a better place??? i think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2124 View Post

Hey guys,

I just have a quick question:

Let's say you buy excellent-quality ram (both DDR3 and DD4) and overclock it to the max.

What kind of performance gains would you expect in game/application load time and gaming FPS ?

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Cheers.
yes you can pull alot of fps home true ram overclock likely 5 to 10 fps avg with a good OC
smile.gif

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetoor85 View Post

if you jumped in the harbor - would the world be a better place??? i think so.
I, unlike you, took the OP's question to be whether overclocked ("to the max") DDR3 would yield better performance than overclocked ("to the max") DDR4.

And the answer to that depends on the make, model and paint codes of the car and motorcycle.

• Rep+
Reactions: kaistledine

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

I, unlike you, took the OP's question to be whether overclocked ("to the max") DDR3 would yield better performance than overclocked ("to the max") DDR4.

And the answer to that depends on the make, model and paint codes of the car and motorcycle.
Haha

+rep

·
ACK!
451 Posts
Until recently I was running my ddr3 at 1333 by mistake. Boosting that up to 1866 made both wow and gta v noticeably smoother. I was getting these tiny little stutters in highly populated areas in wow, particularly when entering the area for the first time. Completely gone now.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I remember reading somewhere, once you hit 1866 w/DDR3, there are no or very little FPS gains going faster. Same for 2666 in DDR4.

Billbartuska the motorcycle is obviously bluer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts