Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if theres a way the vid card to avoid these animations that lag the hell out of me. fog/dust/smoke those are big animations that lag the hell out of me. Most of my games has alot of those. and i want to get best results through them any tips?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Don't throw smoke grenades....

Turn the settings down.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
depends what game it is... theres a few options

1. if possible, disable, turn it down, etc. in the actual games settings menu
2. if the game has a config file, find a guide online that explains and defines the variables in it... take doom3 for example, in the config file you can control the actual commands for fog, fire, etc. (you can also do this in the game menu so its not a perfect example, some games can do it both ways while others one)
3. if you have the necessary tweaking programs for your drivers, you can usually turn off certain features and effects in the newly uncovered settings, tabs, etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

depends what game it is... theres a few options

1. if possible, disable, turn it down, etc. in the actual games settings menu
2. if the game has a config file, find a guide online that explains and defines the variables in it... take doom3 for example, in the config file you can control the actual commands for fog, fire, etc. (you can also do this in the game menu so its not a perfect example, some games can do it both ways while others one)
3. if you have the necessary tweaking programs for your drivers, you can usually turn off certain features and effects in the newly uncovered settings, tabs, etc.

And how do i get these extra tweaking prog. to turn the stuff off? and my game settings are all lowest.. I just turned color to 32bit and details high in all games 1024x765 res. 85 refresh rate.
I mostly want details and color. Not them extra shrubs

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
well most of the stuff youre talking about is directx 9 specific stuff... most games that have it offer an option to turn it off, it usually says specifically what feature youre looking to disable

you can download nvtweak and rivatuner from www.guru3d.com... they unlock available features from nvidia drivers... itll get you into driver level settings and should say turn off fog, etc.

changing that res to 800x600 should help quite a bit with a 5700 le

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

well most of the stuff youre talking about is directx 9 specific stuff... most games that have it offer an option to turn it off, it usually says specifically what feature youre looking to disable

you can download nvtweak and rivatuner from www.guru3d.com... they unlock available features from nvidia drivers... itll get you into driver level settings and should say turn off fog, etc.

Hm. That res gives me a head ace lol. if i stay back from the monitor and play no big deal. Ill give that a try. let me check out the tweak first ill post if improvement

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

woh woh all these rivaturner settings what do i do??? lol [confused]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

I got some improvement so far running 800x600. and playing around with my settings.. I am going to play with the settings some more. see if i can get some improvements. any tips on rivaturner tell me

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
my 5500 plays all that perfectly.. dont know whats up with your 5700 man

did you overclock it ??

mine was 270/390 and at those settings it'd probly suck

i oc'ed mine to 305/455 and everything runs smooth

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

my 5500 plays all that perfectly.. dont know whats up with your 5700 man

did you overclock it ??

mine was 270/390 and at those settings it'd probly suck

i oc'ed mine to 305/455 and everything runs smooth

I do oc'ed. detected omptimal freq. went from 250/500 to 306/611 It plays great till like couple of hours. starts to freeze from the temp

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

if the game freezes then it's your GPU, only reduce that and leave your ram up at 611Mhz

Your saying the core gives it the most heat? and the ram does less heat? i heard that the mem is the most thing that increases your performance, not core is that true?

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
think about it whats gets hot? you cpu. does your ram get hot? not very

same concept applies to video cards

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azule

Your saying the core gives it the most heat? and the ram does less heat? i heard that the mem is the most thing that increases your performance, not core is that true?

yeah, mem gives you more of a performance boost

1 - 15 of 15 Posts