Overclock.net banner

721 - 740 of 742 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Alright, so this is something I learned today and will impact everyone moving forward. PPCS is NO LONGER offering free shipping in combination with coupon codes, you have to chose one or the other. Was chatting with them and found out following a recent order. This is really ****ty news.
Yeah, that sort of screws me up now, as I already have to pay sales tax on orders, and using discount codes would offset this on orders that get free shipping. Now with tax & shipping, I'm having to possibly just order else where now or go and pick it up if I have a large amount of stuff needed quickly. Literally lost an order from me today just because of this change, as I will purchase directly from source now instead.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Yeah, that sort of screws me up now, as I already have to pay sales tax on orders, and using discount codes would offset this on orders that get free shipping. Now with tax & shipping, I'm having to possibly just order else where now or go and pick it up if I have a large amount of stuff needed quickly. Literally lost an order from me today just because of this change, as I will purchase directly from source now instead.
Titan rig still does free shipping

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Titan rig still does free shipping
Indeed, this change will most certainly change how I order moving forward and will be doing more price comparisons.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Indeed, this change will most certainly change how I order moving forward and will be doing more price comparisons.
There is not a time when I shop online that I do not compare prices... and that is the bottom line price, inclusive the item, shipping & tax.

Same item from Titan Rigs & PPCs: 1 EKWB EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Pumps = both $274.99
  • Titan Rigs: $297.68 (free shipping)
  • PPCs: $274.99 (free shipping, NO tax)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
There is not a time when I shop online that I do not compare prices... and that is the bottom line price, inclusive the item, shipping & tax.

Same item from Titan Rigs & PPCs: 1 EKWB EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Pumps = both $274.99
View attachment 2480034 View attachment 2480035
Certain states get taxed. Ik i do in louisiana on ppcs

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts

View attachment 2480034 View attachment 2480035
Definitely true. It just depends on the situation and what you are ordering and where you can order from. Lots of variables at play.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Certain states get taxed. Ik i do in louisiana on ppcs
I thought it had to do with the volume a business does, because I generally get taxed here in Texas by Amazon, Ebay, etc., but not by MMM & PPCs.

I just ran a scenario on PPCs for a fake purchase delivered to the Riverside Hilton in New Orleans, and it processed sans tax:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I thought it had to do with the volume a business does, because I generally get taxed here in Texas by Amazon, Ebay, etc., but not by MMM & PPCs.

I just ran a scenario on PPCs for a fake purchase delivered to the Riverside Hilton in New Orleans, and it processed sans tax:
View attachment 2480040
Ah that makes sense. I order so much stuff i forget which one taxes and doesnt lol.

·
Like a fox!
2,726 Posts
Does anyone know of any promotions running with promo codes for PPCS at the moment other than the discount codes we already know about?

·
Like a fox!
2,726 Posts
I'll bet they will do one for St. Patricks day.
Aha! That's a good idea. I forgot about holidays. I have a $350 order sitting in cart waiting for stimulus payments myself. I suppose I'll try to wait a few days to pull the trigger and see if they release a saint patty's day sale.

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,644 Posts
Aha! That's a good idea. I forgot about holidays. I have a $350 order sitting in cart waiting for stimulus payments myself. I suppose I'll try to wait a few days to pull the trigger and see if they release a saint patty's day sale.
See... told you. I always try to place my large orders on one of their holiday specials.

·
Like a fox!
2,726 Posts
It turns out it's only 10% off.. which means there's no point in them even running a sale at all. We can already get 10% off from code HELLOAGAIN-10 year-round even outside of sales. HELLOAGAIN-10 code even applies to all order sizes of any value with no minimums too. Remember to use this code instead of the saint patty's day codes posted above for smaller orders to get 10% off and not 8% off.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It turns out it's only 10% off.. which means there's no point in them even running a sale at all. We can already get 10% off from code HELLOAGAIN-10 year-round even outside of sales. HELLOAGAIN-10 code even applies to all order sizes of any value with no minimums too. Remember to use this code instead of the saint patty's day codes posted above for smaller orders to get 10% off and not 8% off.
I believe the 'Helloagain-10" discount is a one time thing?
Plus, if you use a coupon you loose free shipping.

·
Like a fox!
2,726 Posts
I believe the 'Helloagain-10" discount is a one time thing?
Plus, if you use a coupon you loose free shipping.
Once per order. I've used it multiple times on the same account on multiple different orders. It always works. I have no idea about the free shipping thing but it doesn't matter really. With a big order the helloagin-10 is enough to cover the shipping entirely plus a few bucks more off.

721 - 740 of 742 Posts