Overclock.net banner
781 - 788 of 788 Posts

·
Overdrive
190 Posts

·
Overdrive
190 Posts
Hi. I just bought a Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper from you.

The watercool.de website says that this item is compatible with 1700. But the kit included no posts for the lower z height (about 0.8mm) of the 1700 IHS. Nor can I find any on your site. I suppose I could grind some off of the 1200 posts, or pay the expensive postage of a set from them, but those are not great choices.

Will you please let me know about this ASAP? Thanks. 3216363393

·
Registered
794 Posts

The watercool.de website says that this item is compatible with 1700. But the kit included no posts for the lower z height (about 0.8mm) of the 1700 IHS. Nor can I find any on your site. I suppose I could grind some off of the 1200 posts, or pay the expensive postage of a set from them, but those are not great choices.

Performance PCs stopped support at this forum years ago.
Use their Contact Us page to communicate with them.
Or you could try the Official Heatkiller Club thread on this forum.

·
WaterCooler
4,866 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts

theres a 1700 upgrade kit for the heatkiller IV check the manufacturers website but you can also ask the heatkiller subsection in this forum if you have any questions of which upgrade kits to buy (because there are 2)

Water Liquid Rectangle Font Circle

·
Overdrive
190 Posts
theres a 1700 upgrade kit for the heatkiller IV check the manufacturers website but you can also ask the heatkiller subsection in this forum if you have any questions of which upgrade kits to buy (because there are 2)

View attachment 2560375
Thanks. Since I have the Hero, it turns out all I needed were shorter posts (filed down .012) and thinner upper washers (.015 instead of .032). Have the 1700 backplate coming. And have the der8auer Connect Frame ILM coming too. Turns out Watercool will be shortly coming out with a replacement coldplate that matches the IHS under stress better; one or the other.

781 - 788 of 788 Posts