Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I just finished building my i7 setup and the first thing I do is run the mafia II benchmark. The score that I receive is 5fps lower than with my C2D setup. Why?!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Your E6750 was overclocked to 3.5 might have helped more than the extra cores of i7 at 3.07

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
im not sure, but shouldn't mafia II take advantage of more than 2 cores? If it doesn't or maybe you have to change a setting, but if it doesnt take that advantage, like most games dont then a dual core thats OCed higher would perform better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, any idea which setting might be causing this?

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Your C2D was clocked 500Mhz higher than your i7.

I don't know how many games actually do make use of any more than 2 cores...

When I switched from a Q9650 @ 4Ghz to my i7 @ 4Ghz, I noticed nothing. But then again.... I didn't benchmark the change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
why dont you overclock it to 3.5ghz and see if that makes a difference. clock for clock benchmarking will answer all your questions. it shouldnt even be hard to do. just bump up the bclk. and prob with no extra volts. so it would be a win all around.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find it odd that I'm now clocked at 4.2ghz and my average framerate in mafia 2's benchmark has not budged. Why would windows show 4.03ghz when cpu-z clearly shows my clock at 4.2ghz?

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts