Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to purchase a replacement for my Zowie G-TF Speed which had degraded (the backing rubber has began to flex away from the desk). Naturally the G-TF X would be the best choice, since the top material is so damn good, but its out of stock in a lot of places in the UK.

One I've stumbled upon is the Perixx DX-2000 line. Have any of you guys got experience with them? The surface looks to be exactly the same as the G-TF Speed and G-TF X, although the backing looks like the usual common rubber. Here's a pic from an Amazon review (by user Rafal Enden) compared with a pic of the G-TF X surface from an OverClock.net review (by user Ino):

Perixx DX-2000
Close up of Perixx DX-2000 mouse pad surface

Zowie G-TF X
Close up of Zowie G-TF X mouse pad surface

It's tempting to order one given the surface material and their low price (£7.99 and £14.99, less than half the price of a Zowie!), but I use 38cm/360° with a mouse that is 12*6cm so I'd like at least 42cm in width (for 360°) and 31cm in height (for 180°), ideally more. There's got to be plenty of people with an even lower cm/360 than myself! I've got in contact with Perixx, and going to link them this thread - hopefully they'll consider releasing a version with a little more length and width.

In case they do take a look, what do you guys think about the sizes? The largest are a 40cm * 32cm and a 90cm * 30cm.

Edit: The surface appears to be more similar to the Zowie G-TF Rough, in both appearance and behaviour.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
The size alone would be a reason for me personally to not try it, I'm also looking into the GTF-X... if you used the original one for so long I think you'd probably be happy going the 'upgrade' route. Although you could try them if they release a larger one.. again size does play a role especially if your sens is low; too small and you'll just run off the edges over and over which is a nightmare to deal with
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had this pad for a while and some of my mice had crazy high lift-off. Specifically the Torq X5. Probably had about 4-5 CD LOD. Interested to see what other 3988 mice are like on it without calibration.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ooh ooh me me I have one.
I have used it for the last ~6 months. Sadly, I do not have a zowie gtfx, but I have used the qck and the glorious mousepad.

The dx 2000, compared to the glorious and the qck, is extremely rough. The amount of static friction is pretty high, and only gets worse the more dead skin and sweat gets absorbed into it. When I got the mousepad I remember it was very rough on my wrists, and that took a while to get used to.
tongue.gif
Personally I don't like it because even though I play at a fairly high sensitivity and the friction is too much for me, it's not a ridiculous amount of friction though. If I had to describe the texture, its kinda like a really soft "plastic milk container".
tongue.gif

Something worth mentioning is that the mousepad is really thick, and my guess would be it has some sort of thick foam in it. When I bend it at more than a 90 degree angle there is a crease. I'll try to take a picture of it when I get home.

Also I've had the same sort of thing mouz has, all of my most mice have considerably higher Lod on this pad. Also the rubber backing is not very grippy at all, and I had to clean it with alcohol to get it to not slide around on my desk as I used it. To be fair I have a very slick desk surface.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobs View Post

Ooh ooh me me I have one.
I have used it for the last ~6 months. Sadly, I do not have a zowie gtfx, but I have used the qck and the glorious mousepad.

The dx 2000, compared to the glorious and the qck, is extremely rough. The amount of static friction is pretty high, and only gets worse the more dead skin and sweat gets absorbed into it. When I got the mousepad I remember it was very rough on my wrists, and that took a while to get used to.
tongue.gif
Personally I don't like it because even though I play at a fairly high sensitivity and the friction is too much for me, it's not a ridiculous amount of friction though. If I had to describe the texture, its kinda like a really soft "plastic milk container".
tongue.gif

Something worth mentioning is that the mousepad is really thick, and my guess would be it has some sort of thick foam in it. When I bend it at more than a 90 degree angle there is a crease. I'll try to take a picture of it when I get home.

Also I've had the same sort of thing mouz has, all of my most mice have considerably higher Lod on this pad. Also the rubber backing is not very grippy at all, and I had to clean it with alcohol to get it to not slide around on my desk as I used it. To be fair I have a very slick desk surface.
Oh so then they're very different, GTF-X is suppose to have the least amount of friction, sometimes when I use my qck heavy I can feel the mousepad pulling my wrist/arm hairs because of all the static from quick movements lol!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

Oh so then they're very different, GTF-X is suppose to have the least amount of friction, sometimes when I use my qck heavy I can feel the mousepad pulling my wrist/arm hairs because of all the static from quick movements lol!
You must use really low sens lol.. Im guessing in 80cm/360 range.
biggrin.gif

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex-SI View Post

You must use really low sens lol.. Im guessing in 80cm/360 range.
biggrin.gif
I can only do a 360 degree turn in arena shooters, I raise my sensitivity for those games cause they require faster but less precise aim
tongue.gif
I can't say I've measured it....... also for OP some good news I just ordered the zowie GTF-X for testing and it will be here friday.. so if you're looking for detailed feedback and have patience I can use it the entire weekend and give you some info... however in terms of wear/durability that won't be possible unless you feel like waiting 1-2 months

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

I had this pad for a while and some of my mice had crazy high lift-off. Specifically the Torq X5. Probably had about 4-5 CD LOD.
That's interesting, though the X5 Optical does have a pretty high LOD by default. How was the surface to use? How was the static friction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobs View Post

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
I wouldn't have expected it to have high static friction! Perhaps, rather than being similar to the G-TF Speed, it is similar to the G-TF Rough? From the sounds of it, it wouldn't take long for dead skin to accumulate if its exfoliating your wrists!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

also for OP some good news I just ordered the zowie GTF-X for testing and it will be here friday.. so if you're looking for detailed feedback and have patience I can use it the entire weekend and give you some info... however in terms of wear/durability that won't be possible unless you feel like waiting 1-2 months
That's be great to hear! In the pictures the surface of the Perixx does look a little less consistent than the Zowie, but then again a consistent looking pattern is not always good for a mouse pad.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiosus View Post

That's interesting, though the X5 Optical does have a pretty high LOD by default. How was the surface to use? How was the static friction?
Horrible. Like sandpaper against the wrist. Friction was higher than the QcK heavy but that's the only reference I've got.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its a cheap ass mousepad, (the DX 2000) I was able to rub off all the logos and branding with a little alcohol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responses guys. I don't think I'll link them this post, and probably gonna leave getting this mat. I think I'm either going to go for the Kingston HyperX Fury or the TeckNet pad.

I guess that while the Perixx DX-2000 looks like the surface of the Zowie G-TF Speed it doesn't behave like it. Will edit the original post to reflect that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i tried to get some close up pics to show the texture better but nexus 6 camera isn't really great at that lol
also you can see the way it creases when i bend it ~90 degrees up

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The surface looks like like the Zowie G-TF Rough, but with softer backing material. Here's a pic of the Rough (top) compared with the Speed):

The pattern and indeed thread seem to be the same, but of different thickness, the rough having a larger thread and therefore a courser weave.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
What's interesting is I recall qck heavy not having that much static friction, I guess the larger mouse skates on my mouse cause more friction since there's larger surface area

Will be nice to see this gtfx tomorrow. I'll give it a real shot since I think low friction might be better than friction if you can control it

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Just wanted to follow up, qck heavy doesn't have that much friction.. apparently using another mousepad underneath the qck heavy was creating a massive amount of static; removed the pad and it seems the static is slowly going away. I had no idea that was even a thing! I guess that would be useful for people who think their mousepad doesn't have enough static.. just place another one under it! lol

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

Doubled up mousepads make more friction?

Physics has been up to some mischief again...
I never took physics
tongue.gif
But I guess it has to do with the cloths rubbing together from mouse swipes; the mousepad was pulling my arm hairs towards it
biggrin.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts