Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I really don't know what to suggest. The error message doesn't look like one of mine written in PerlMon. It looks to be comng from Perl and its an issue with the Gtk2 module. I don't think that you need to install one of those extra packages (perl-Gtk2*). The only modules that the program uses are the ones that I made and are included in the zip file and then the module Gtk2.pm, and Getopt::Long

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thank you very much! I'm glade users are enjoying it!

I plan to add the CPU vcore, and that info to it. Working with CPUID though isn't fun in Perl. I may just write it in C or C++ and do things that way.

The Sabayon and Gentoo I fixed a few days ago, actually the whole module Distro.pm was rewritten. As for those of you that may have looked at that file it was ugly with a lot of redundant code. Its been organized into a data structure now though (Arrays of Arrays, may be changed to Arrays of Hashes though).

I still have worked planned for PerlMon, but fall semester has started, so development will slow a bit, but its not dead!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousHobo View Post
Thank you very much! I'm glade users are enjoying it!

I plan to add the CPU vcore, and that info to it. Working with CPUID though isn't fun in Perl. I may just write it in C or C++ and do things that way.

The Sabayon and Gentoo I fixed a few days ago, actually the whole module Distro.pm was rewritten. As for those of you that may have looked at that file it was ugly with a lot of redundant code. Its been organized into a data structure now though (Arrays of Arrays, may be changed to Arrays of Hashes though).

I still have worked planned for PerlMon, but fall semester has started, so development will slow a bit, but its not dead!
School should come first!!! I myself can wait...It's your future you must worry about...

Peace to You!!!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by endo View Post
now i have a question i think it is more of a linux question then one dealing with the program. i have a fx-60 and my cpu speed goes from 1200 to the normal 2600 why is that.
Do you happen to have CPU throttling on? PerlMon reads the cpu speed straight from /proc.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Quote:

Do you happen to have CPU throttling on? PerlMon reads the cpu speed straight from /proc.
i dont know but that is probably what is going on. by the way it is a really great program and once it has ati support it will be even better.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by endo View Post
now i have a question i think it is more of a linux question then one dealing with the program. i have a fx-60 and my cpu speed goes from 1200 to the normal 2600 why is that.
Turn of CPU-Throttling or AMD's Cool 'n Quiet in your BIOS. It lowers are clock speed so that the cpu runs cooler and uses less power when it is not needed.

As for PerlMon, please get it to read the memory speed and such because I need something to do that for me in linux..

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheezy Baby View Post
Turn of CPU-Throttling or AMD's Cool 'n Quiet in your BIOS. It lowers are clock speed so that the cpu runs cooler and uses less power when it is not needed.

As for PerlMon, please get it to read the memory speed and such because I need something to do that for me in linux..
me too, have never found a linux program like Systool or A64info

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by V!0L3||^R053 View Post
ok i unpacked it and nothing is working...

ugh i hate being the n00b
First check the readme to make sure you have all of the dependencies...

Then just double click on the perlmon file... Check permissions to to make sure it is executable...

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowrunner340 View Post
how can i add it as a menu item? i'm using Unbuntu Feisty

i actually got it into the menu, under system tools, but when i click on it, nothing happens
path/to/the/perlmon/file/perlmon

Hope this helps!!!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Both actually look correct. PerlMon gives the amount of memory percentage used while the sysinfo looks to display the percentage of memory free.

If that is bugging you then don't worry I plan to have a few options available to set for version 0.3. So you can choose to have it display either amount free or amount used.
Also plan to start working on a QT GUI for it, so you KDE used wont have an ugly GTK GUI to look at. Also plan to change the GUI interface a bit, and how things are layed out. Also, of course, more info. Still working on the RAM speed and timings and CPU voltage. CPUID is a pain and I've decided to write that part in C++ instead of C. Work has slowed a bit since the semester has start.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Quote:

Both actually look correct. PerlMon gives the amount of memory percentage used while the sysinfo looks to display the percentage of memory free.
I caught that too

41 - 60 of 376 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.