Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where I can post this, hardware mods kind of makes sense. Anybody have any tips or tricks for cat proofing a case? My current setup has tower on floor, with old tower parallel to it, and a few boxes on top, to stop the cat from getting at the cables. I'm considering an acrylic expansion to the back of the case to route cables upwards towards the back side of the desk (holes punched in it for ventilation.) That, or some kind of tubing to run the cables through for durability.

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
I have 3 cats why not use one of those deodorant bottles filled with water to scare them away. If Pavlov is to be believed they will associate getting at your cables by getting wet and cold and may no longer do it. (unless you have Turkish cats which like water)

I personally don't have any of my cats attacking my cables but wrapping your cables with multiple layers of tape an option?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

I have 3 cats why not use one of those deodorant bottles filled with water to scare them away. If Pavlov is to be believed they will associate getting at your cables by getting wet and cold and may no longer do it. (unless you have Turkish cats which like water)

I personally don't have any of my cats attacking my cables but wrapping your cables with multiple layers of tape an option?
We have two cats, the adult has no interest in cables but the other is just under a year old, so very inquisitive. I worry that even with spraying water, she'll just go for the cables when I'm at work, and I come home to fried computer and fried cat.

Also, the aesthetics are a second reason. I'm switching cases soon to the Air 240, it'll be seated on my desk and the cables easier to access, so modding the case isn't an issue as I can do that pre-build. It'll take a few hours of my time but it'll result in peace of mind ;p what I need now though are ideas on how to set it up.

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniri View Post

We have two cats, the adult has no interest in cables but the other is just under a year old, so very inquisitive. I worry that even with spraying water, she'll just go for the cables when I'm at work, and I come home to fried computer and fried cat.

Also, the aesthetics are a second reason. I'm switching cases soon to the Air 240, it'll be seated on my desk and the cables easier to access, so modding the case isn't an issue as I can do that pre-build. It'll take a few hours of my time but it'll result in peace of mind ;p what I need now though are ideas on how to set it up.
In that case I advise sleeving your cables with paracord. It is strong and looks really nice. Easiest solution without making it look too macgyver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts