Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the pg35vq and let me tell you what a monitor.

I was wondering what settings I should use at 200 hz i have rgb 8 bit but if i drop down to 144 hz ycbcr 422 or 444 at 8 bit or 10 bit

what are the best settings for hdr games and desktop use

any help would be appreciated thank you

·
r/wallstreetbets degen
418 Posts
Isn't that a VA panel? VA panels are garbage for twitch shooters but I suppose you don't play those.

·
r/wallstreetbets degen
418 Posts
I remember hearing about it 2-3 years ago back when UW high refresh rates were starting to go mainstream. I can't believe it took them this long to release it.

I'm sure it's a great panel for casual play in any case. Congratz!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember hearing about it 2-3 years ago back when UW high refresh rates were starting to go mainstream. I can't believe it took them this long to release it.

I'm sure it's a great panel for casual play in any case. Congratz!
what about my questions?

I was wondering what settings I should use at 200 hz i have rgb 8 bit but if i drop down to 144 hz ycbcr 422 or 444 at 8 bit or 10 bit

·
r/wallstreetbets degen
418 Posts
what about my questions?

Is that a native 200hz panel? You should always use the native refresh rate for everything. If it's overclockable proceed with caution and monitor for flickering etc.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an overclock ive never had issues with overclocking asus monitors i was just wondering what settings are best for games and desktop use and hdr

·
r/wallstreetbets degen
418 Posts
Naturally, the highest possible as long as there's no issues. If you notice your monitor starting to flicker then dial it back down (I can't stress this enough).

You might go weeks-months with no issues so just be careful.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that doesent answer my questions about rbg vs ycbcr 8 bit and 10 bit and hdr

i will leave the refresh rate alone

·
r/wallstreetbets degen
418 Posts
that doesent answer my questions about rbg vs ycbcr 8 bit and 10 bit and hdr

i will leave the refresh rate alone

I can't answer those questions because I'm not well versed enough to give an educated opinion on what's best. I'd assume 10bit has better accuracy/color depth? I have no idea what YCBCR is. GL.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't answer those questions because I'm not well versed enough to give an educated opinion on what's best. I'd assume 10bit has better accuracy/color depth? I have no idea what YCBCR is. GL.
thanks anyway

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks anyway

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know where you ended up, I got one recently and am running it at 144hz for full 10 bit colour when watching movies. When I game, (I max out game settings using an overclocked 2080) I rarely see anything that reaches the 142fps that I limit my framerate to. Using 180Hz or overclocking to 200Hz seems pointless for me right now.

You will see the least difference in everyday use going from 10bit to 8bit if you can really make use of those extra refreshes. Going from RGB444 to 422 would make some static images look bad, text under icons is one example that is used a lot.

People have said that they can't see the difference between 10 and 8bit in games, and there is very little difference between 444 and 422 when gaming, it's a trade off, but a small one.

For HDR movies and other HDR media content though, you will most likely be better off switching back to 444 10bit 144hz to get the full effect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts