Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking between enthoo 719 and TT view 71. My current case is Phanteks enthoo luxe which I have had for over 5 years now. Nothing is wrong with the luxe, I just want something that's more modern. I have custom watercooling in my current case and I'm planning to continue that in the new case. Currently I have 360+240 rads and I would like to have some more surface area. I have considered vertical GPU mounting which both of these cases can do. One benefit what view71 has over 719 is that it's white, but I can deal with grey as well. Which case would you take? It is going to be placed at hardwood floor; my table can't handle such a massive case and weight. I will go mainly for silence, after that for looks. And it would be great if the case of choice had a place to hide my aquaero 6 lt

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts
I have a 719 and i have a ton of complaints about it some of them being the almost total lack of room above the motherboard so if you want a 719 and want liquid cooling you need to install all the cooling AFTER you installed the motherboard and plugged the EPS cable and the other stuff into the motherboard otherwise your rad and fans will block off all access there and you will need to take it out to get access and trust me that gets annoying fast after the 3rd time taking it out i never put my second 140mm back in the top

Another complaint is if you have a big PSU with lots of cables there is very little room in the PSU chamber to hide the cables and cable management overall is just piss poor
The PSU cable hider door gets in the way more than it helps and if you have lots of cables you need 3 hands to screw it in place two to force it in place and one to screw

The frame of the case with the side top and front panels off is very weak and can flex quite a lot so the build quality is not very good

But my bigest complaint is you want to have HDD´s installed in the mounts in the front you are going to be faced with tons of vibration noise as the mounts are on that thin weak metal frame

Every time my drives in the front are working its like small earthquake and the whole room shakes and yes all the drives are mounts are screwed in all the way with every screw
I am moving my PC out of my 719 tomorrow and moving into my new Define 7 XL that i bought to replace the god awful 719

By the way i still have a Luxe 1 and trust me the Luxe 1 is far better

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you say it, I went and compared the space above motherboard. There isn't much room above mb in the 719. I was not planning to put any HDD's anyway so vibrations from them would not have been an issue.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts
But you are still going to have problems with the lack of space everywhere and the poor overall quality
Have you looked at the Fractal Design Define 7 XL?

I know you are doing liquid cooling and not a server build like me but maybe it could be an option because there is a ton of space above the motherboard in the XL DSCN4291.JPG

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I have the Fractal Define 7XL and really like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, perhaps I should consider Define 7 XL as well. At first it seems little boring being just a plain black box, but few RGB fans and white rads could fix that. Maybe the 719 isn't so great for my purposes, I will consider some other cases. As I mentioned in start, I quite like the TT view71 as well maybe one downside that is obvious just looking at specs is the weight; 22Kg is a lot for empty case

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts
I have an aRGB strip i am going to re-use and i will be posting updates and pictures in my build log thread tomorrow so you can see how it turns out and if you like it or not

I was like you to begin with disliking the Define 7 XL for being too plain and boring but at the end of the day i dont really care how it looks as long as it works and can do the job better without all the problems i have with the 719

The vibrations from the HDD´s mounted in the front of the 719 are driving me nuts

As for TT the single worst case i have ever had in my life was a TT and that one was around 20 kg empty
TT is not known for being the highest quality and while some of their cases are not bad some of them are so the quality is all over the map

One thing i can say so far about the Define 7 XL is the metal frame is not thin and weak like on the 719 it does not flex no matter how hard i try and flex the frame

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,502 Posts
As I mentioned in start, I quite like the TT view71 as well maybe one downside that is obvious just looking at specs is the weight; 22Kg is a lot for empty case
The Tt is not in the same league with the likes of Fractal Design or Phanteks in terms of build quality and design. The View 71 is a $90 case (at best) with a $200 price tag, not to mention that it's a glass hotbox.

As for TT the single worst case i have ever had in my life was a TT and that one was around 20 kg empty
TT is not known for being the highest quality and while some of their cases are not bad some of them are so the quality is all over the map

One thing i can say so far about the Define 7 XL is the metal frame is not thin and weak like on the 719 it does not flex no matter how hard i try and flex the frame
The Fractals are very well built, always at the top in those terms at their price points.

·
Registered
3 Posts

DEFINE 7 XL with TRX40 DESIGNARE XL-ATX board, with 2x Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 - Black Edition

the case is nice because I don’t like RGB lightning but it’s build is very much like a tin-can - I feel it’s thin sheet metal, granted my last case was a lian-li v2120 which was built like a German tank.

I would like to expand on my water cooling so it will probably mean a new and bigger case but which one?

@shilka undskyld, men det er ikke en særlig solid kasse 😉

719 looks like it has even less room then the Define 7 XL

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts
If you think the Define 7 XL is made of thin sheet metal then the 719 is made of paper and yes it has less room

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you think the Define 7 XL is made of thin sheet metal then the 719 is made of paper and yes it has less room
I am looking for a bigger case to add more radiators ideally another two 480 or something like that

this is my first time into water cooling so I went more conservative with the two Alphacool I have but probably on the low side for a Threadripper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts