Overclock.net banner

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club

362568 Views 554 Replies 130 Participants Last post by  Leemstradamus
Welcome to the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club @ OCN!! If you would like to join the club, post some pics/ description of your build.

Shift

The craftsmanship of the Evolv Shift can be seen in every detail. From efficient space utilization to innovative features, the Shift delivers a compact housing that packs plenty of power. Every aspect of the Shift has been thoughtfully designed to be intuitive, clean and accessible. The interior is designed to meet the demand of AIO water cooling. Due to its small footprint and versatile placement, the Shift will look impressive anywhere in your home environment or office space.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-Shift.html

Shift X

The Evolv Shift X combines premium finishes and distinctive design to stand tall amongst the crowd. From smart space utilization to innovative features, the Shif t X delivers the ultimate level of power ful and slim configurations. Every aspect of the Shift X has been thoughtfully designed to be intuitive, clean and accessible. The interior is designed to meet the demand of water cooling enthusiasts. Due to its small footprint and versatile placement, the Shift X will look impressive anywhere in your home environment or office space.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-Shift-X.html
  • Rep+
Reactions: qiUip
501 - 520 of 555 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Thought I'd throw up some progress pictures of my shift build. Really only waiting on hardline fitting/tubing now. Looking forward to see if this setup works, I'm coming from AIO cpu and air-cooled 2060 strix, cpu was fine but gpu would eventually choke.

This is a HTPC/gaming rig for the lounge and sits horizontal on a shelf, I'm pulling air in through the I/O side and pushing it down the front panel (sealed up the mesh and chassis holes) and into the 1st rad, then ducting the warm air into the second rad and out the bottom via the 2nd 140mm static fan. The "hope" is the cool air and removal of hot air within the case will offset the warm air the second rad receives and maintain a decent loop temp. Toying with the idea of adding a cutout for a slim 120mm where the 3.5" drive sits but will wait to see how it runs, hoping to have one 140mm idling through netflix sessions.

Specs;
2700x
b450 strix
zotac 2070 mini
silverstone psu
2x140 nf-a14
m.2 slots full
alpha-cool rads, gpu block, solo pump/cpu and fittings
printed duct and a low-profile 120 to 140 adapter for the bottom fan.

Will post completed photos and hopefully some decent thermals both stock and oc.

Edit: the 3D image it the latest concept, the 2nd picture was the 1st, using the full length strix that required a notch in the duct, it could have worked with a custom riser cable but in the end it just made life easier upgrading to the mini.

Cheers
Please share the 3d file, thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
I have an EVGA 2-slot 1080 Ti.
I know this case is prone to heat issues with open air cards, so I was thinking of laying the case on its side and removing the glass from the GPU side,
to let it suck in cool air from below.

Could any current Shift owners give me their thoughts on this?

· Registered
8 Posts
I think the best way to cool down that card will be adding AIO to the GPU, maybe the nzxt bracket, or try made some custom panels as me. With the glass panels on, the system will overheat, maybe taking out one will help but consider the dust.

· Registered
104 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
cheers radu,

all plumbed up and live, pending OS install. Not quite as planned out as it could have been, turns out the pump inlet/outlet is not what I had hoped (or even considered TBH), the GPU is being feed through into the outlet...shize. I'm assuming you can't just reverse a pump impeller and this means re routing the tubing, maybe I just roll with it and see how it runs??

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
cheers radu,

all plumbed up and live, pending OS install. Not quite as planned out as it could have been, turns out the pump inlet/outlet is not what I had hoped (or even considered TBH), the GPU is being feed through into the outlet...shize. I'm assuming you can't just reverse a pump impeller and this means re routing the tubing, maybe I just roll with it and see how it runs??

Your cable management is great, can’t even see where you put all the cables, what’s parts are you using in the water cool setup?? Maybe some quote of all ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

· Registered
14 Posts
:thumb:

it's not the prettiest cable management just the shortest possible run between each component, no space for combs literately, it took a ridiculous amount of time and blood but really helped with space and airflow imo.

Its all alpha-cool, 2 x 120 rads, LT solo, 5 x 90 degree & 5 x straight and a huge pile of scrap 10/13 tubing.

Managed a little bit of testing last night, Asus Tweaker took the little mini straight to 1980mhz, just with OC scanner which made me smile! Will look for 2k manually but TBH if I can maintain high 1900's in Metro I'll be a happy camper!

Furmark got the CPU (auto OC) to 70 max and the GPU (OC) to 58 max, the loop temp maxed out at 44 both fans @ 1200rpm.... I have low noise adapters on both atm, its a touch louder than the original setup at idle no joke! This was with all panels and glass on, laying horizontal.

This wasn't a heat saturation test yet, want to play around with the fans and potentially dial back the CPU (peaked @ 4.1) as I favor GPU temp and noise more than anything. At the moment I have both fans on the CPU header but think I'll move one to the chassis (on low duty) and leave the other on the cpu for high temp/max load and maybe take off the LNA if required?

So far quietly optimistic even with the backwards GPU flow but will wait for a long run on a synthetic before I celebrate too much.

Cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
Temp is much better in Shift Air.

Setup 1: GPU fan facing inward. CPU rad at the bottom with a ML120 as intake. A default Phantek 140m fan exhausts air in the top front, one ML120 as intake in bottom front.

Setup 2: GPU facing outward. Other fan as setup 1, except default Phanteks 140mm has to be removed to fit the VGA.

Here's the temp result: (tested with Assassin Creed Origin benchmark)

Setup 1: CPU idle at around 50, load at 56. GPU idle at 50, load at 70

Setup 2: CPU idle at around 42, load at 52. GPU idle at 67, load at 59.

Attachments

501 - 520 of 555 Posts