Overclock.net banner
541 - 555 of 555 Posts

· Premium Member
2,906 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Shift X owners, is it possible to fit a 120mm slim rad and a small ATX psu measuring 140x150x86mm?? It's about 22mm taller than a SFX-L/SFX psu and i know room at the bottom is tight as it is...

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, first time poster here, I have recently done a shift air build with custom aio mounting, and thought I would share some pics as I couldn't find many solutions online when I was researching for the build.

I had to do some minor cutting but didn't have to cut the side panels which was my main goal. It is pretty rough as my tools were limited but I think it worked well even though it would be alot cleaner done in a proper workshop.

Rig is a 5600x / 3070 founders / h100i 240mm aio / x570 aorus pro / 32gb low profile ram / 700w plat psu / 1x140 2x 120 case fans all as exhaust.

Plant Wood Rectangle Art Table
Ventilation fan Electric fan Computer cooling Personal computer Computer
Computer Personal computer Computer hardware Gas Electronic device
Computer Hood Personal computer Laptop Automotive tire
Glasses Rectangle Office equipment Auto part Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire
Computer cooling Ventilation fan Electric fan Computer hardware Audio equipment

· Registered
43 Posts
Just got my hands on a shift x. Current build is fully water cooled, 3600 and a 3080 is it gonna be possible to switch over cpu and gpu, other idea was to just cool the gpu with water and air cool the cpu. If any one here has any ideas id appreciate it
You will have better luck than me doing full water in that case. I'm using the Shift Evolve and looking to put my 8700k underwater but my 3080ti is just too freaking hot.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

· Registered
43 Posts
I'm still modding/updating my V1, thermals a great, running two pumps now and make life easier when refilling filling, still think this case is the best looking around, bit of a change to my first build of this setup back in 2018 Phanteks evolv shift full custom water cooling (original build)

View attachment 2586716
View attachment 2586717
Stunning build! I love how you went with the pump/res/CPU block. That saved some extra space for sure compared to mine.

I tore mine down because the thermals we're pretty bad with the hardware I had in there. Going to try and do an open build soon.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

541 - 555 of 555 Posts