Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ol' Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 has seen better days and I'm looking to replace her.

My PC is black/white themed, and I was looking into getting the Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG in Glacier White.

New case doesn't need to be white, but that'd be neat-o. But if not white, then black. No funky colors. Really want tempered glass, seeing as the main reason I'm looking to replace my current case is a really badly scratched acrylic side panel.

I'm not running anything extreme - ATX mobo/PSU, 2x 3.5" drives, 2x 2.5" drives, no optical drive, and would like the ability to throw in a 280 or 360 radiator in the future. Placement is irrelevant, seeing as I'm not planning on going WC yet, but maybe soon.

Would like to keep it under $150 but I'm flexible.

Any suggestions before I go for the Eclipse? :D

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
if you really want a white case than i would suggest the fractal design define r6 in white for preorder on newegg. its right at your max budget.

you should also check out the phanteks enthoo pro tg which is slightly bigger and more watercooling friendly than the p400s tg.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Be Quiet! Dark Base 700 if you're okay with using it without front panel that is.
Comes with 2x top tier 140mm fans. It has 180mm CPU cooler clearance, really good PSU and back panel clearance and optional inverse ATX mounting.
It's a large midtower where you can fit 2x 3.5" and 3x 2.5" drives comfortably with 1 more drive cage to spare. Spare drive cage can also fit either 1x3.5" or 2x2.5" drives.
It doesn't have the best rad support tho, I don't think it can fit thick rads in front and they get pretty suffocated if mounted on top except maybe a 120mm one. Solid top helps with noise isolation tho.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
P400 is a good choice, or even the P300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts