·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...I agree. I'm leaving work early today

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I just got my Silver Arrow and can't think of getting anything else.....it brings the beast out of my 2600K without even trying.

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CPU @ 4.2GHz Load voltage @ 1.592v
Ambient temp ~16c
Fans were placed push/push

PHANTEKS STOCK FANS
355 551

SILVER ARROW STOCK FANS
383 553

PHANTEKS TY-140s
379 554

The core temp is the one to go by and so the Silver Arrow performs better in my system by 1.4c on average. The Phanteks hit a max of 39c with stock fans and 38c with the TY-140s. The Silver Arrow had a max core temp of 36c. There was no difference in average core temp using the Phanteks with stock fans and using TY-140s

The base of the Phanteks isn't mirror polished like the Silver Arrow. Also, when cleaning the base I could feel tiny grooves in it. This made me think that I should have applied a little more TIM than I usually do.
I much prefer the Phantek's fan clips. They were a bit of a pain getting them on the TY-140s but once they were hooked up attaching them to the heatsink was easy.
I installed the Phanteks with the board still in the case and it wasn't a big problem however I am glad that my case has a hole behind the CPU because I needed to hold the backplate while I started the screws off. I also have a big case and couldn't have done it in my CM Sniper.It was much easier to install than the Silver Arrow and it feels more solid once screwed in properly.
I haven't tried the Phanteks TIM as I used MX-4 on both heatsinks.

Over the weekend I'll strap a UK3000 onto the Phanteks and see how much the temps drop

• Rep+
Reactions: ehume

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added a UK-3000 and 2xTY-140s to the Phanteks. I had to increase the voltage slightly for stability so load voltage is 1.6v. Ambient 16c

Phanteks UK-3000 & 2x TY-140

For the cores to stay under 40c at this voltage is pretty good. Even with the increased voltage, average temps are down nearly 2c. I'll test the Silver Arrow at this voltage soon.

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah...that's what I meant and thanks

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aida64 Extreme Edition

Silver Arrow UK-3000 & 2x TY-140

Average temps show the Silver Arrow performing better but...
The Phanteks went from 20c idle to 39c load, a difference of 19c
The Silver Arrow went from 16c idle to 39 load, a difference of 23c

Based on this, I've decided to keep the Phanteks

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Summary of results...

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket View Post

Phantek ph tc14 pe is the best cooler right now,
xbit labs has released a review which shows it beats silver arrow & nh d14.
Yep

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Nice review and glad you made the chart graph at the end. I want the orange one as I really like orange. But I need to get rid of some stuff first. I honestly love the 5 year warranty on these "Phanteks" heat sinks. Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
I just got one of these to replace my h70. It should come in this week. Judging from this and the processor being at 1.6v staying under 40, my 2600k should do wonders at 1.385 under load(1.368 in bios). Somehow, I doubt it will be under 40 at all times, but I am just happy to get rid of the h70 and get better temps.

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's an awesome cooler. You'll be very happy with it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.