Overclock.net banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
I just got my 3 pack of T30s installed on my EK 360 rad. They are running silent at 1600RPM and moving significantly more air than than my previously used EK vardar fans. Even at 2000 RPM, they are quieter than the Varder were at 50% speed.

My temps in cinebench dropped by 2C and my CPU doesn't underclock anymore. These fans really are that good and I recommend them.
Wow these are quiet fans. I have my original configuration which is EK-AIO push out the case top. Reason for this I can't orient the pump fittings right or down, only up. Down hits the SA VRM heat sink, right the memory. Gonna play with it pulling in from top and maybe the radiator in front oriented with the hoses on top (if they reach). I could always put the fans between the radiator and front of case - that would give me more reach.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I just spent $100 on new 140 fans for my front panel and rear exhaust a few weeks ago. I’ll have to replace them with T30s, such a waste.

The T30s I put on my rad as exhaust move so much air while being silent that it’s now causing negative pressure in my case. Crazy that 3x 140mm intake fans can’t keep up with these T30s that are pushing through a rad.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
I just spent $100 on new 140 fans for my front panel and rear exhaust a few weeks ago. I’ll have to replace them with T30s, such a waste.

The T30s I put on my rad as exhaust move so much air while being silent that it’s now causing negative pressure in my case. Crazy that 3x 140mm intake fans can’t keep up with these T30s that are pushing through a rad.
Yeah, I just encountered that now so I still have a fan curve (it is still way quieter at load - sound is from the case fans). I am using Noctua Chromax 140 case fans. If I run the T30 @ 1600rpm, in order ro keep positive pressure, the chromax are loud, so will have to rethink this and maybe do the same with some more T30. If I pull into the case, I can with only rear exhaust (but may have to deal with gpu temps then).

EDIT: Not so bad after all. I was using the CFM numbers to balance in and out in a spreadsheet and I had left the higher Vardar CFM. After correcting I can I can run the Noctua at much lower rpm and is night and day :D

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
I just got my 3 pack of T30s installed on my EK 360 rad. They are running silent at 1600RPM and moving significantly more air than than my previously used EK vardar fans. Even at 2000 RPM, they are quieter than the Varder were at 50% speed.

My temps in cinebench dropped by 2C and my CPU doesn't underclock anymore. These fans really are that good and I recommend them.
Can you post a sound recording of them at 1600RPM's? I'm not surprised they are much quieter than Vadars those things are really loud and have an annoying sound.
I'm really debating swapping out my Noctua's

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Can you post a sound recording of them at 1600RPM's? I'm not surprised they are much quieter than Vadars those things are really loud and have an annoying sound.
I'm really debating swapping out my Noctua's
Not sure how I would post the video, but I can look into it tonight. At 1600 RPM there wouldn’t really be any noise to record so I would probably have to try higher.

Compated to any fans including my noctua, these ate better. Not just the Vardar fans.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Not sure how I would post the video, but I can look into it tonight. At 1600 RPM there wouldn’t really be any noise to record so I would probably have to try higher.

Compated to any fans including my noctua, these ate better. Not just the Vardar fans.
Yeah if you're able to. I'd like to hear them silent. Help me decide since I'll never need to go that high

·
Lost in SoCal
877 Posts
Imgur will let you upload a private clip with sound and collect a link to share...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Those would look better on my upcoming stainless steel Mora than my ML140pro Red fans. I’ll keep what I have for now and wait for Noctua’s response.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
Well I moved my ek-aio radiator to the front of my Meshify 2 case in a pull configuration with the T30. I opened up the top except for a 140 AF-14 for intake to get air across the ram. Only other fan right now is a rear AF-14 exhaust. So lots of positive pressure. Because I have to have the pump hose connectors pointing up, I have the radiator connectors on top, which is not ideal, and one barely reaches so I hope it doesn't leak. Anyhow I am using the case more as it was meant to be used. I have fewer case fans by 2, so it is a lot quieter, and I no longer have small memory fan.

Getting better than 5c cooler than with the T30 pushing out the top on small FFT No-AVX, Realbench, etc. So quite happy. And the T30 are quiet, just the sound of air moving. Idle I average core temp is 0.5 - 1c above ambient (top exhaust was 2-4c), ambient measured as average of two thermal sensors at the case front intake.

I may put another small intake under the shroud to get a little more cool air to the GPU. Right now I have the grill under the shroud covered, so some of the radiator exhaust gets routed to the GPU. I could open it up down there. Any suggestions for GPU?

Will take and post some pics later.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
Lord don't make me replace all my A12x25s. Aesthetically these would look so, so much better..
And I expect you won't see dust on the marbled look of the Liquid Crystal Polymer. 😉

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
A quickie:

You can see the tubing length of the EK-AIO is at its limit. But hey, idle temps < 1c over ambient room temperature.

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Lost in SoCal
877 Posts
I'm not going to tease you about the temp probe mount- and that looks great! And the fans are better looking that I had hoped...

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
I'm not going to tease you about the temp probe mount- and that looks great! And the fans are better looking that I had hoped...
I knew someone would point that out. LOL. It is temporary until I can figure out something better. There is a probe on the other side on the top fan that you can't easily see (tip is black). I think I might move a black one there too. I use the average of two probes at the radiator intake for ambient, and the average of the two probes youe see here for the exhaust temp. Took better part of the day rearranging everything.

Man I wish that tube were a couple cm longer.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
I knew someone would point that out. LOL. It is temporary until I can figure out something better. There is a probe on the other side on the top fan that you can't easily see (tip is black). I think I might move a black one there too. I use the average of two probes at the radiator intake for ambient, and the average of the two probes youe see here for the exhaust temp. Took better part of the day rearranging everything.

Man I wish that tube were a couple cm longer.
I wonder if you could put fans between mounting panel and radiator? That would move rad back 30mm and give same 30mm more usable hose length.
Just a thought.
Air flowing through rad instead of out of fans will likely smooth / straighten case airflow. This might push GPU exhaust back and out and lower air temp entering GPU, thus lowering it's temp (at same fan speed).

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
I have 3-pack of Phanteks new T30 fans inbound, so as soon as they arrive I will run some testing in current Evolv ITX build. It's using 2x PH-F140MP intakes with no exhaust fans now. Probably be next week. Will give case intake air temp vs inside air temp vs component temps. Maybe exhaust air temp to just for fun.

Now I need to find some Arctic P12 fans for comparison testing.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,510 Posts
You're about 3 days too late for the sale on Amazon UK. They were 4 quid and all sold out at that price.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
I wonder if you could put fans between mounting panel and radiator? That would move rad back 30mm and give same 30mm more usable hose length.
Just a thought.
Air flowing through rad instead of out of fans will likely smooth / straighten case airflow. This might push GPU exhaust back and out and lower air temp entering GPU, thus lowering it's temp (at same fan speed).
I have been thinking about that. It would be a real PITA to install though I would have to hold all the fans and radiator in-place while I threaded the screws through the fan into the rad. Reaon I did the pull is because it was simple to install. A push probably would be a little cooler, but probably a little louder too. Rad is kinda ugly too.

Also have thought about a pull into the case from the top of the case. That will dump warmer temperature on the memory though.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
You're about 3 days too late for the sale on Amazon UK. They were 4 quid and all sold out at that price.
Story of my life. Day late and dollar short as Americans say. :D
I have been thinking about that. It would be a real PITA to install though I would have to hold all the fans and radiator in-place while I threaded the screws through the fan into the rad. Reaon I did the pull is because it was simple to install. A push probably would be a little cooler, but probably a little louder too. Rad is kinda ugly too.

Also have thought about a pull into the case from the top of the case. That will dump warmer temperature on the memory though.
Indeed, not an easy install. Is this your Meshify 2 case?
Trying to think of a way to cheat and make it easier. Like maybe a little double stick tape to hold fans in place on radiator? Or maybe tape fans to rad on sides until screws are installed, then remove it?

61 - 80 of 111 Posts