Overclock.net banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Forgot to specify, I always glaze over MAX speed results, and was talking about the 50% (1000RPM) results.

P.S. interesting fact, he didn't go into detail, but Igor did mention on a comment for his youtube video of this review, that from his experience testing T30-120 and SIlent Gale P12, Phanteks is still the superior product xD
Good point!
Like you, I'm more interested in performance from idle to 1000rpm, maybe 1100-1200rpm on rare occasions like extreme loads in hot weather with dirty filters. ;)

Good to know. Below is Igor's NF-A12, MSI MEG Silent Gale P12 and T30 test results all on same bar graphs.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

Colorfulness Purple Rectangle Font Magenta

Colorfulness Product Rectangle Font Material property

Listening to Igor's sound clips all seem to be same volume with each having slightly different tonal pitch.

Edit: Narrowed up mm H2O so text is big enough to read. ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: Dogzilla07

·
Linux Lobbyist
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
@doyll nice, it's easily comparable now. The interesting thing is Igor himself said the 2 fans aren't exactly comparable, I wonder what he meant by that, and also can't want for some noise-normalized tests, comparison between the MSI and Phanteks. Overall it the T30-120 seems to have done better in VSGs testing than in Igor's testing.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Not a lot of difference between the 3.

Bit of trivia, 45.1dBA @ 50 cm (distance meter is from sound source in Igor & many other tests) can be misleading. Most specs use basic standard of 1 meter distance from source to meter. 45.1dBA @ 50cm is 39.08dBA @ 1 meter. 6.02 dBA less. 50 cm is 19.685 inch, 1 meter is 39.37 inches.

3 dB of change in meter reading is needed for our ears to notice a noise level change .. some people need 5 dB of change to notice. 10dB of change sounds twice as loud or half as loud to our ears.

dB and dBA are sound pressure level readings. dB and SPL (Sound Pressure Level) are same reading. dBA readings are adjusted with a weighting curve to better approximate how our ears hears. What it all comes down to is dBA is quite different from dB and SPL. ;)

• Rep+

·
Never Finished
2,394 Posts
Those noise readings from that MSI fan are very impressive. I also like Igor's testing methodology for fan testing. I was waiting on someone to start including frequency spectrum analysis to pinpoint motor noise, resonances and so on, and now we have it while being backed by a solid methodology. There are some things that I'd like to see, but I can go elsewhere for that information. Include noise-normalized measurements and perhaps an interactive graph to select and compare individual fans, and he will have a home run for fan reviews. Well, until Steve gets his setup up and running lol.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Been using T30 for several weeks now and have to say I have no complaints. In my system they become just audible at about 1000rpm. Just a slight hum to let me know system is working. Very happy with them, even if they are one of the higher priced fans on the market.

• Rep+

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
Been using T30 for several weeks now and have to say I have no complaints. In my system they become just audible at about 1000rpm. Just a slight hum to let me know system is working. Very happy with them, even if they are one of the higher priced fans on the market.
Same impression here after over a month. (y)

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,336 Posts
The NF-A12x25 is finally out in Chromax black. $35 at newegg.

·
Registered
746 Posts
And...now they're now out of stock everywhere!
They got RESTOCK right now on the Phanteks USA store right now if your wanting some.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
And...now they're now out of stock everywhere!
Phanteks (USA address) issued a notice 1AM this morning saying T30-120 are back in stock.

Edit:
Got notice of re-stock and wrote post, but didn't push post. :sneaky: So criskoe bit me to it. (y)😊

101 - 111 of 111 Posts