Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little new to the idea of phase cooling and even for liquid. I was wondering which i should get. I know phase change can reach much lower temps but r those temps even worth the cost. Oh and how much does a fairly good phase change system cost? Phase change sounds kinda like makin moonshine lol.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipps Almighty

I'm a little new to the idea of phase cooling and even for liquid. I was wondering which i should get. I know phase change can reach much lower temps but r those temps even worth the cost. Oh and how much does a fairly good phase change system cost? Phase change sounds kinda like makin moonshine lol.

You should go with phase change, unlike liquid they can run 24hrs a day, LN2 is temporarily only. A good custom phase change system would cost you about 600$+, talk to chilly1 if your intersted, he's from the XS forums.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipps Almighty

does phase change just cool the cpu though?

yeah mainly, but you can modd it or something to make it cool the gpu(s).

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_13

You should go with phase change, unlike liquid they can run 24hrs a day, LN2 is temporarily only. A good custom phase change system would cost you about 600$+, talk to chilly1 if your intersted, he's from the XS forums.

Liquid(water) cooling is 24/7

As for what you want, Phase change is not really for the first time, because if you don't condensation proof your socket and cpu then you can seriously fry something. Water is the same if it leaks. The temps of phasechange are usually worth the cost, because operating at such low temps makes the cpu more efficient so it will overclock farther, usually MUCH farther, depending on your chip. The phasechange is pretty much set it, forget it, but it's more recommended that your run your computer 24/7 with full load to prevent any excess condensation/frost build up. Watercooling you can turn on and off whenever you want. Just depends how extreme you want to go

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well puttin togethor not a prob for me since i got a friend that is really good with cooling. I was just wondering which one would be better i think if i do phasee change i will have to wait a bit longer simply for price reasons. But that's fine since i really probably won't need to oc my rig for at least 2-3 years even though i will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts