Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have out this in a system for my son. Tried to get him to sell it but he wouldn't. Anyway, I don't have any software to monitor the temps. I read that Core Temp would but I get 0c.

It's a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
What is your question?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need software to monitor the temps of the CPU.

Sorry, thought I wrote that more self evident than I did.

I can't find software for the AMD chip. Also any overclocking software suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i personally wouldn't use any software for overclocking the cpu, just do it in the bios. Also, give hwmonitor a shot.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
i personally wouldn't use any software for overclocking the cpu, just do it in the bios. Also, give hwmonitor a shot.

Where do you see that he wants to OC with software... I cant..

Try speedfan or realtemp

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
Where do you see that he wants to OC with software... I cant..

Try speedfan or realtemp
the post above mine?

edit: that is, unless i read it wrong.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, bad phrasing on my part. I meant perhaps some software to help me monitor my changes but never mind that. I am just thrown, for some reason, because it is a different CPU than what I have been dealing with. I am really old and it takes time for me to get on a new train of thought. Sorry.

OK, I am using HWmonitor and it is showing temps, not just at any of the core spots. Those still read 0c.

·
Registered
398 Posts
look at you all, cant help but rant about ****,always jumping on people for typo mistakes or someone not reading somthing correct. w..t....f... this is an overclocking site, not were your wifes come to ***** about tampons, get real guys

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
To "monitor" your OC, just use CPU-Z.
Try HWMonitor, SpeedFan, or Everest for temperature monitoring. Your BIOS would be the last chance if nothing else shows it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Zarchon

·
Registered
398 Posts
the first thing i would do is make sure you bios is upto date as this will cause this prob, i have had the same thing a few time before incorrect or no temps dispayed if bios is not right for the cpu.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, my son won it at Comicon last year. I told him sell it, buy a 6 core or something. Stupid Kid. <sigh> takes after his mother's side of the family. Anyway, we are trying to get the system up and running. He just called me from work and asked about progress. Turns out he did not install the mother board drivers. He also did not bring the disk to me. Is that a problem? Everything seems to be running OK.

·
Registered
398 Posts
that is the prob 100% update mobo drivers and all will be well

good luck

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarchon View Post
Yes, my son won it at Comicon last year. I told him sell it, buy a 6 core or something. Stupid Kid. <sigh> takes after his mother's side of the family. Anyway, we are trying to get the system up and running. He just called me from work and asked about progress. Turns out he did not install the mother board drivers. He also did not bring the disk to me. Is that a problem? Everything seems to be running OK.
Pretty sure it's not legal to sell a TWKR, even if you won it at Comicon. I think the same rules apply as ES chips, it technically still belongs to AMD.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What cooler are you using?

It was my understanding that the TWKR CPUs ran very hot, even at stock. Gotta sell that thing.

Edit: But maybe I'm wrong. Does the BIOS say the temperature? If not, you're pretty much out of luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JYR, we are running an H70. I will get back to you on temps once I upgrade the bios.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts