Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a Phenom 9950 140w overclocked to 3.3ghz at 1.43v with ACC set to auto it goes up to 1.45v/1.47 every now and then.

My load temps are great always pretty much constant, and range from 41-45C when all four cores are under 100% stress, but thats not the "problem"
my idle temps are way loooooow, strange to some people, and normal to some people. but so far i have hit a rock bottom low of 25C on my 9950 (just to stay on the safe side i added in a margin of error of between +1-+7 which wud make up to a max of 32C idle temps.

taking into consideration that i live in a hilly/mountainous cool area in Jamaica where my room temperature falls below the average room temp at times the ambient outside temp can fall as low as 15C at nights and seeing that my windows are almost always open so my room temp is maybe 2C higher than outside temp.

I would believe that the sensors are working correctly, but i will check with an infrared thermometer.

the cpu temps go up especially during the day, right now its at 35C and its because today but as the sun goes there is a gradual fall in temp.

Im using a Zalman 9700NT air cooler with a 110mm fan and i have an antec 300 case with 5 fans 3 of the fans are moving 110CFM of air two are at the frn of the case and one is blowing over the motherboard. there is a 140mm fan at the tp f the case, so the CPU HSF pushs all the hot air DIRECTLY into the top fan which IMMEDIATELY pushes it outside the case i have a 80mm fan beside the CPU HSF which acts as an exhaust fan, i have a small 40mm fan on the north bridge heat sink.

my motherboard temps are between 35-40C

here are some screen shots

NB: IGNORE the temps shown in AOD, its buggy.

Attachment 100152

Attachment 100153

Attachment 100154

Attachment 100155

Attachment 100156

what do you guys think?

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here some bios shots
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
939 Posts

Here's mine at 50% load, but it's nearly as hot as it gets.
Notice that a sensor shows 54c while core's show 34c.
Somehow I think that that 54c is the cpu cause it fluctuates with the cpu load. Could somebody clear this up?

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Humanfactor
View Post

Here's mine at 50% load, but it's nearly as hot as it gets.
Notice that a sensor shows 54c while core's show 34c.
Somehow I think that that 54c is the cpu cause it fluctuates with the cpu load. Could somebody clear this up?

and your using stock cooling? well its a tri core so wont have the extra heat from the 4th core, but thats pretty good tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts