Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
h50 will give you best cooling of those listed, no fear of ruining computer as it is completely sealed and there is no problems with that whatsoever
Well I've read up on it and some of the reviews say it leaked a few months into using it. I know will be the best for cooling wise but I am scared

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenJ1989 View Post
Well I've read up on it and some of the reviews say it leaked a few months into using it. I know will be the best for cooling wise but I am scared

Been running mine 24/7 for a few months now and have had 0 problems.

Been on for 8 days since my last shutdown now D:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dapopeman View Post
Been running mine 24/7 for a few months now and have had 0 problems.

Been on for 8 days since my last shutdown now D:
Hi Jon... lol

Anyways... I am running at 3.556Ghz with my 3rd core unlocked right now. Temps range from 45C-57C and under prime they hit a max of 67C. I am on a stock cooler right now.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,736 Posts
For that chip if you want to go budget my CM Hyper 212 plus doesnt allow my chip to get over 36C at 1.475v at 4.0ghz. Highest Prime 95 can get it is 33C. And at 3600mhz and undervolted to 1.25v I cant get past 26C running LinX. But 4 cores i would look for a better cooling option, but at 3 or 2 cores these 212's are great.

• Rep+
Reactions: KenJ1989

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xximanoobxx View Post
Isn't 67 a little high? I wouldn't let my CPU get past 60C.
I had clocked mine to 3.6 but it was hitting 51C in prime so I put it down to 3.5, then I was getting a black screen like once every 2-3 days so I put it back to 3.3 for 24/7/365 use

ima put it back to 3.6 once I get some 1066 ram next week though.

I like it cold

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckclc View Post
For that chip if you want to go budget my CM Hyper 212 plus doesnt allow my chip to get over 36C at 1.475v at 4.0ghz. Highest Prime 95 can get it is 33C. And at 3600mhz and undervolted to 1.25v I cant get past 26C running LinX. But 4 cores i would look for a better cooling option, but at 3 or 2 cores these 212's are great.
What is your ambient temperature?

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,736 Posts
Quote:
What is your ambient temperature?
Well since Im running at 17-18C on cool n quiet right now, Im gonna guess about 17-18C.

No way,that cant be right. Its not under 70F in this place. But thats were Im running on cool n quiet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Well since Im running at 17-18C on cool n quiet right now, Im gonna guess about 17-18C.

No way,that cant be right. Its not under 70F in this place. But thats were Im running on cool n quiet.
Do you live in Alaska or just run the A/C on full?

Out here in CA my room is about 79-80F right now because of all the electronics :|

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,736 Posts
Quote:
Do you live in Alaska or just run the A/C on full?

Out here in CA my room is about 79-80F right now because of all the electronics :|
Actually Texas where it was just 22 of 23 days over 100 maxing out at 107f. But yeah, A/C stays pumpin. I actually think my temp 1 sensor is more accurate than my core temp I guess. Cuz it is between 72-75F in my room here, not 63F.

Note, the dip in temps is when AC clicks on.
LL
LL

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Actually Texas where it was just 22 of 23 days over 100 maxing out at 107f. But yeah, A/C stays pumpin. I actually think my temp 1 sensor is more accurate than my core temp I guess. Cuz it is between 72-75F in my room here, not 63F.

Note, the dip in temps is when AC clicks on.
Wow much better.

Mine would look something like that if I had it on, got a $300 bill for the A/C the other month so it only goes on when it is really hot out now :|
My idle with no AC and a high ambient is around 31C with max load being 44C, with AC on it was a 27-28C idle with a 39C max load temp.

I know the irony that my computer stays on while my family suffers through the heat, but it is a sacrifice that I am willing to make ^_^

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Im gonna throw the Hyper 212 out there too. I bought one for my 555 and at 1.48 Vcore and 4 GHz, it maxed at 34C after several hours of Prime95. Got it for $25 at Microcenter. Best cooler on the market dollar for dollar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts