Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new build, built, running great. I wanted to overclock the AMD Phenom II on a Gigabyte GA-MA-790x-ud4 board. I got it up to reference clock of 218 and multiplyer to max which is 13x. So i got 2.8ghz on it so far. now if i go any higher my PC restarts. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Martyrdom.... have you set the memory voltage and timings to manufacturer's specs? And what are you running for CPU voltage?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What does CPU-Z or the BIOS give you for a vcore value? Which divider is the memory on?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyrdom View Post
Vcore is 1.325 and not sure what you mean by divider
What memory speed do you have selected in the BIOS?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Try dropping it back to 800....

edit: In addition to that, you can also take the CPU voltage off Auto and set it to 1.35V.

• Rep+
Reactions: logan

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i got it to 3.3 ghz but ddr2 mhz is at 677 so i gotta put that to 800, now does 48 C sound 2 high for a stability test, running one now.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
No, 48C is not bad for the stock heatsink.... load temps below 50C are pretty good.

·
My claws fix anything
3,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyrdom
View Post

Ok i got it to 3.3 ghz but ddr2 mhz is at 677 so i gotta put that to 800, now does 48 C sound 2 high for a stability test, running one now.

That temp is fine for a load temp. Try to keep it under 55c though.

Your ram speed setting is at DDR667 right now? In CPU-z what is the speed that the memory is actually running at right now? You have a pretty high bus speed (253-254 if I guessed right) so putting the ram speed setting up to DDR800 in the BIOS might push your ram speed to high, and will give you stability issues again.

Good luck

And way to go winginit, great help in here. +1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts