Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I have my old AM2+ motherboard for sale here. It overclocks nicely and you can use it as a board to keep you busy before you get an enthusiast board. But other then that, a 785g board would work great.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've thought about going to AM3 for the extra $100 or so, so can anyone recommend any cheap RAM?

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
I am confuse here. You want a DDR2 or DDR3 motherboard? The 955BE will support either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesherie
View Post

I've thought about going to AM3 for the extra $100 or so, so can anyone recommend any cheap RAM?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided I might as well go to the AM3/DDR3 motherboard and spend an extra $100 on RAM.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh, I'd like to keep it as close to $100 as possible for any motherboard recommendations.

·
Registered
384 Posts
See a motherboard as a future investment - AMD are very good to their customers - there are rumors that Bobcat will be AM3+ - so any 870/880/890/X/GX/FX/ motherboard should support bobcat with a BIOS update.

I would recommend this:

http://tinyurl.com/y8ul2sh (Gigabyte 890GX)
Newegg has MSi and ASuS models.

If you decide to go AM2+ - I hear the six core Thuban (for AM3 socket) should be backwards compatible - its based on socket AM3 and has throttling capabilities for single threaded apps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts