Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I've been wondering, do we pay attention to CPU temps or the core temps?

2. Also when AMD says safe operating temp of 61c do they mean CPU or core?

CPU temp idles at 36c and Full Load is 54c
Core temp idles at 22c and Full Load is 30c
CPU fan is at lowest speed settings
Room temp is around 15c

Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5ghz 1.4v
LL

·
Registered
227 Posts
I monitor on my bios and on speedfan and ive got my 720 to idle at 20c and benchmark not breaking 25c. Room temps vary but my cpu temp doesnt move more then 3c in either direction.

When using Asus EPU (power save setting all cores=800mhz) ill run at 17c all day long.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
There is a rumour that the reported temps are 6* C below the actual, so you may want to take that into affect. Mine idles at 25 *c which is like 2C above ambient, so I know it cant be real.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxthunder View Post
There is a rumour that the reported temps are 6* C below the actual, so you may want to take that into affect. Mine idles at 25 *c which is like 2C above ambient, so I know it cant be real.
If thats true im running a overclock to 3.6ghz and Im idle at 28c and Load at 40c. Thats still impressive.

(my recorded temps from bios/speedfan/amd overdrive is 22c/33c)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxthunder View Post
That is true. Coretemp doesn't report the correct temp. You have to trust the temp reported in the BIOS or monitoring software that comes with your mobo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All of my reports are consistant, Bios, Overdrive, speedfan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts