Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Phenom II 555 for my AM2 board hoping I could get it to work. I have a M2N SLI Deluxe with an updated BIOS 1701. Windows XP 32-bit SP2.

What things do I need to be aware of when trying to make it work?

So far I've tweaked the BIOS so it has a v1.4 to the CPU, 200 x 16 multiplier, C1E support, updated BIOS (although it still doesn't recognize the CPU), and Unganged the memory. What other changes might I need to make?

It could potentially work, but I've encountered what seems an OS failure now. When I initially booted, it booted to Windows fine and I could navigate for a time. But now it says Lsass.exe error, and it turns off afterwards. I've checked regarding this, but most sources claim it's a virus. Any suggestions to get by this?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Did you update your BIOS like it said to do?
And start with the default BIOS settings after you update to get it running first, then OC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to get the Phenom II x2 555 to work on my M2N SLI DELUXE. Pretty badass. I haven't read of anyone else ever trying it yet. It wouldn't initially boot when I swapped it in, so the trick was to leave it unplugged for at least 8 hours after pressing the Start button a few times to drain it. It booted up, recognized the CPU, and asked me to restart.

I de-clocked my RAM to its lowest settings and put the CPU multiplier to 14 instead of 16 just to be safe, and it seems to run at 1.216 volt, even though I set it at v1.375. I did this on the first boot-up btw.

After rebooting, it now recognizes 2 cores and runs fine so far. My 3DMark 06 test hardly showed any improvement before booting, but I'm about to test it again to find out. I de-clocked the RAM, but left it Unganged. My Harddrive is in SATA2 in case there's the SATA1 problem I found mentioned in another thread. I'm running Windows XP x64 Professional, SP1 with slipstreamed SP2 pack (Slipstreaming is intregrating the SP2 file into the SP1 install file.)

It took a lot of patience, but it looks like it finally paid off. I'll be sure to update anything else about this that I find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 550BE on a M2N SLI. Initially it was a little problematic, but bumping the RAM voltage solved the problems. I swapped the RAM and its been rock solid since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts