Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone can help me for the voltage on my M4A79 ?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday
View Post

TWKR, wow, lucky

If you can get your hands on a true TWKR you would not have to ask this....i call unlocked CPU or BS

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,535 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rewindlabs
View Post

If you can get your hands on a true TWKR you would not have to ask this....i call unlocked CPU or BS

agreed!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlord369
View Post

Isn't the twkr supposed to run on dice and ln2 systems exclusively? Or am I wrong?

There expensive high binned CPU's so they are usually only seen on dice or ln2...they will run on air but enthusiasts just run them on the best to push the most out of them

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlord369
View Post

Isn't the twkr supposed to run on dice and ln2 systems exclusively? Or am I wrong?

It can run on air, but it was designed with extreme benching in mind.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:

View Post

There expensive high binned CPU's so they are usually only seen on dice or ln2...they will run on air but enthusiasts just run them on the best to push the most out of them

they where designed for greater voltage leakage which gives then the ability to clock higher with less voltage

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dud3man
View Post

they where designed for greater voltage leakage which gives then the ability to clock higher with less voltage

Wait Wat?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dud3man
View Post

So they are actually specially designed for it...and not highly binned then

Neat

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

View Post

So they are actually specially designed for it...and not highly binned then

Neat

Would be if he had a clue what he just said

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gappo
View Post

Would be if he had a clue what he just said

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockdownx1x
View Post

Wait Wat?

Quoting this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Quote:

These chips were created especially for the extreme overclocking community to operate beyond the specification of typical production-level processors. What makes these chips special is the fact that they are considered “high leakage†parts. In this context, high leakage means that the processors "leak" more current than a normal Phenom II CPU and consequently run hotter, which actually turns out to be a positive for the overclocking crowd (even if it means they're more likely to die an early death). They can take on more voltage and generally tend to scale higher when cooled with extreme methods, such as liquid nitrogen or liquid helium.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Quoting this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

from your quote

Quote:

They can take on more voltage

Not they can clock higher with less voltage.

To put it in layman's terms. These chip just have a much better tolerance for high voltages than the regular retail samples.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts